Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spam add

Talking web designers

Hi guys,

this question doesn't really relate to Adobe however I'll ask it here due to the fact I'm more likely a good response being I sort of am familiar with you all!

Just made a new website, check it out at www.letsgocybershopping.com

I am using Webmastertools by google to monitor the web crawls etc,
    and have found that google is only picking up my front page.
    (Question 1., how do i get them to crawl through and pick up all pages)

I've put in good Meta tags (or i think their good anyway) and have learnt a fare bit about it all since i last asked for help in this forum,

Question 2, does anyone know how to create a sitemap to help google. I have the building software that google gives out, but i don't want to stuff it up, i don't really fully understand it!
    if anyone knows how to build one of these and is willing to help,
    can they email me on info@letsgocybershopping

This site is a on line shopping site, and i wanted to put on the top of my index main page, a search bar to search my site for products, as i add them. I figure it can't be that hard, just make individual pages for certain products and link each page to a certain word someone punches in to the search box.

firstly is this how it's done?
    second where can i get the search box (engine) from that does exactly this?

any idea's would be helpful

cheers

I have had similar issues. Ill email you John.

Regards

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutions.co.uk

Blog Entries

That site is quite literally one big spam ad.

Default spam add

how is it one big spam add?

secondly, it takes time to update everything so it only offers actual products, if you go into the search box and type in jewelry, you'll see what it's all being changed too.

time, time, time to do!

Def of Spam

Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup.

Whatever the dictionary defininition of spam is, and, however long it takes to update with products, it's moronic to put it in this Adobe subforum

Quote Originally Posted by john12 View Post
    how is it one big spam add?

secondly, it takes time to update everything so it only offers actual products, if you go into the search box and type in jewelry, you'll see what it's all being changed too.

time, time, time to do!
    What am I missing here? What are you referring to? Another post? Link please!

firstly i only put it in this adobe forum because theirs a few people in here been helping me with my progressing using the internet, webdesigning ect..

Alan, you can't see the post because it was taken off,

I asked a question about getting higher rankings on google,
    and mark said the site i was creating was a spam site, then i answered with what i answered above
    either way I don't think he understands exactly what spam is
    I've put a lot of work into that site, and when it's completed it will be like any online shopping venue

9. Default

drop it.... im bored already!

Blog Entries

The post was moved to the appropriate forum (pimp the link).

Let's face it John, the site is essentially just a whole bunch of affiliate links. It's spammy. Yes, I know what spam means because I have to deal with it on a daily basis: from spam emails sent to my inbox, through spam postings on my websites and moving right along to spam sites.

My sites have been hacked, spammed and I've been slagged off for not providing timely responses. I pay for the hosting, the software, my time spent maintaining the site (yes, believe it or not I have a life and sometimes like to spend it away from a PC), answering questions (and not just on the forums - people complain because they can't register, or generally just complain...), promoting the site, writing reviews...

Me, and the moderators for that matter, rarely get a thank you or a pat on the back. So John, do you expect me to think your site isn't spammy when all you've done is place some affiliate ads on a .com?

I wish you all the best in making money from it, I really do. But aren't ads supposed to help support the site rather than be the site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast