Thread: Pray

1. Exclamation Pray

Hi,

I know i haven't got a hope in hell but I just want to ask if anyone has an idea to fix my problem.

A friend taped my sons first singing concert but had the movie camera on night vision.

The whole video is all green.

Any idea to make it watchable. Maybe convert to Black and white?

Cheers

Frank
    Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

Hi Frank
    This happened on a 2 camera shoot at a Speedway meeting the guy on the second camera doing the starts on the centre green had his camera switched to night vision

In post production I managed to get colour back in it and was quite watchable on its own but it looked bad against the other camera work that we decided not to use it in the final film, but I,m sure you could retrieve your's to be worth watching but it does take a long time

Put it on the time line and import the Red, Blue and Green colour changes and play around with them, its trial and error and as I say does take a long time, it will be worth the effort when you've done it

What editing programe do you use
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

definitely the best idea. I think that Vegas has some sort of curve tool that allows to to give a little bit of movie-feel to the picture, I think it would definitely help in this situation.
    Everybody Pays

4. Default

Hi Team Man,

thanks for the reply which gives me some hope.

I am using Premiere Pro 2.

I have only used it at a very basic level so I am not sure how you import colours.

I did find some color correction under video effects. Should I be using one of these.
    If not can you explain how toimport colors.

cheers

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    Hi Team Man,

thanks for the reply which gives me some hope.

I am using Premiere Pro 2.

I have only used it at a very basic level so I am not sure how you import colours.

I did find some color correction under video effects. Should I be using one of these.
    If not can you explain how toimport colors.

cheers

Frank
    Hi Frank,
    The time I was talking of it was done in Premiere 6, I don't have Prem Pro so cant say for sure, but yes, if you go into Video effects and find something like colour balance RGB, click on that and drag that into the clip you want to alter in the timeline, you can increase or decrease the individual colours (red, Blue or Green) in the effects control until you get the desired colour balance you want in the monitor window, when you are happy, render the clip, That may take quite some time depending on the length of the clip. Perhaps someone on here that has Prem Pro wil be able to tell you what the video effect is called in PP.

I think you will be happy with the result, but as i said it could take some time
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

6. Default

Hi Alan,

Thanks. I really didn't think I could do anything.

I guess I will have fun in the next couple of months coloring in.

cheers

Frank

Try the Auto Color and/or Auto Levels first from the Video Effects - Adjust location.
    Just drap and drop the effects to your video footage in the Timeline panel.

More about this will be the Color Balance effect etc., but you need to adjust the settings in the Effects Controls panel.

Good luck
    . .
    Visual Training Studio
    WWW.VT-STUDIO.COM
    . .