Thread: Best Internet Upload Sites

Default Best Internet Upload Sites

Hey--
    I mainly use Google Video to upload my videos, mainly because they stay below 100 mb. i know that YouTube also has a 100 mb cap to file size, so I would like to know:
    is there anywhere that would allow me to upload a video that is over 100mb??
    i do not have any server space, and it's not a big enough deal yet for me to buy some.
    Please help...

Edit: i forgot to mention:
    I do know Gvideo has a program that you download and can upload through that, but it's to much hassle for my use.
    Everybody Pays

The possibilities exist, but think about it... would you wait for a video 100 MB to load just to watch it, not even knowing if it's worth it or not?

Is the 100Mb an account limit or a file limit?

If it's a file limit, why not try splitting the movie into several parts/chapters?

It's a file limit, and that does make sense to split it for a production that is longer, but what I am getting at is the age-old dispute between quality and file size. I really like the clarity of my 148mb file, and do not want to sacrifice any of it to WMV crappiness, but the video itself is only about three minute long, and splitting it up will just make it harder for people to enjoy it.
    Everybody Pays

TDA-Digital Guest

Default File Format?

Could I ask what file format you are attempting to upload AVI, MPEG or ?

Thanks,
    TA

148Mb for a 3-minute web-based video sounds over-generous to me. What format is it in currently (file-type, dimensions, bit-rate)?

Do you want to stream the movie, or do you want people to download the movie in full before viewing it?

If you want to stream it, smooth, uninterrupted playback will demand a lower bitrate than the file size currently dictates, even for most broadband users.

Too high a bitrate will produce annoying buffering interruptions and viewers may have to manually pause playback whilst sufficient data is buffered. But at least they will be able to cancel the download partway through if the movie is not to their taste.

You may want viewers to download the movie in full prior to viewing it. I'm not doubting the quality of the content of your movie, but I feel that some viewers may be miffed if the movie is anything short of exceptional after such a huge download.