Thread: Text effects

Default Text effects

Hey this is really pissing me off when ever i try to do multiple line things on after effects it puts the second line behind the first text i want it to go under does any body know how i can fix this?
    We are ready to shock the world

It sounds like a layer issue. Try moving the layers into different orders in the timeline. This may solve your problem.

Regards

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutions.co.uk

Nah man its in the text box itself if it was a layer issue i would have figured but its in the text box itself like when ever i hit enter to make another line it just goes right behind it,

Default Maybe this...

I suppose this is a long shot, based on the context of the text, but here goes...

What if you were to create the text in a 3rd party application as an image, then import it into the timeline as a video track...

I've found that to work when I just want white text on black background or a freezeframe...can't think how to directly solve your problem though...

Eh worth a try thanks though

Is your text's leading set to auto? Highlight the text and then check the leading setting on the character palette. A pic of the AE7 palette is attached. The leading setting is circled. If it is set to auto and you're still experiencing a problem then play around with the setting until you get the result you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skribe; 12-11-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Is your text's leading set to auto? Highlight the text and then check the leading setting on the character palette. A pic of the AE7 palette is attached. The leading setting is circled. If it is set to auto and you're still experiencing a problem then play around with the setting until you get the result you need.
    This is where I would look also. importing the text as an image will stop you being able to use the wide range of text animations available I would imagine. As skribe says, it's all a questions of paragraph layout I reckon.

YAHOOOO!!!! Its worked thanks guys that was so gay and annoying now i do better text animations. Thanks again for your help. Peace