Thread: Having a Matt Damon moment with Speeding up images

Default Having a Matt Damon moment with Speeding up images

Total Nube quesiton I know but... I wanted to flash a number of still images up on the screen in quick succession.
    I prepared all the still images using Photoshop and duly imported them into Prem Pro.

The problem I now face is that I cannot get the little bleeders to last any shorter than 1 second.

Ideally I wanted each one to last half a second, but when I set the timer to that in the option box it defaults back to one second?

Surely they can go quicker?

Whilst I am asking away, has anyone seen on Myspace the photo option where the camera seemingly roves across a photo and zooms in and out etc... is it possible to do this in Prem Pro as well?

Thanks
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

10 Yetis have been known to have the odd dabble at marketing n\' stuff, penguins need not apply.

I have Pro2, (it's perfect in every way) so I don't know about the clip time being less than one second, it has always worked for me, but the picture thing on Myspace sounds like a keyframing effect. Basically you tell Prem that you want the image to be at this point at this timecode, and this point at another timecode later on. You can also tell it to have varying degrees of magnification at a specific frame in the same panel. I would consult either the F1 help section or adobe's website for more tutorials and troubleshooting...
    Everybody Pays

cheers bud...

Anyone else got any tips for what I am doing wrong with the timing of the image?
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

10 Yetis have been known to have the odd dabble at marketing n\' stuff, penguins need not apply.

4. Default

you should be able to crop them to 1frame in prem. if you put the image in to the timeline the zoom into to its max it will show single frames and you can trim the image between frames.

exactly. I suspect the 1 second thing is the minimum you can 'automate' the timeline to. Once the image is on the timeline then crop it down to anything you want.

hmm, I am not sure that I understand what you mean but I will go and give it a try.

Cheers chaps... I will report back later!
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

In Premiere Pro (1.5) you can set the default duration (in frames) for all imported still images and titles.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Still Image...

Apply this default setting BEFORE importing the photos into the project. Once imported, photos will all be of the duration that you set, and you will be able to drag them to the timeline with no further trimming required.

PS - The roaming around the image thing sounds like something referred to as the 'Ken Burns Effect'. You can acheive this by playing with the motion settings.
    Last edited by bert6280; 12-11-2006 at 09:12 PM.