Thread: converting without quality lose...

Default converting without quality lose...

Hi,

Just a quicky, im still having trouble coverting my AVI/WMV/Video clips to DVD without any quality lose.

The files are around 10-12gig, and an AVI around 6 gig.
    I recorded these on holiday, took of the camera, set it to DV-AVI and quality is great, but changing that down to fit on dvd is making the quality look horrendous...well not horrendous but bad..

How come some films can be 700meg in AVI format, and still be the same quality as the DVD which is 4.5gig..(the same film)

Im just not getting it, or am misising something..

Please could someone shed a little light on this, or advise on best software to use etc.

Ill post you my results.

Cheers People

Blog Entries

I would suggest you start by looking at the sticky in this section: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/dvd-svc...-part-one.html

I'm afraid that is a converter can do that conversion with no quality lose.You can find out which can work best for you and suitable for you.Just google for that,you may know more converters can do that.
    Good luck

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hootsman View Post
    Hi,

Just a quicky, im still having trouble coverting my AVI/WMV/Video clips to DVD without any quality lose.

The files are around 10-12gig, and an AVI around 6 gig.
    I recorded these on holiday, took of the camera, set it to DV-AVI and quality is great, but changing that down to fit on dvd is making the quality look horrendous...well not horrendous but bad..

How come some films can be 700meg in AVI format, and still be the same quality as the DVD which is 4.5gig..(the same film)

Im just not getting it, or am misising something..

Please could someone shed a little light on this, or advise on best software to use etc.

Ill post you my results.

Cheers People
    Because videos on the internet tend to use DIVX codec instead of DV which is umcompressed but it has higher quality specially on the audio PCM vs MP3

Since we're in the subject of quality lost, I have a question. I'm currently editing a WMV file with transitions. When I re-encode this WMV file with the new transitions, I notice a slight lost in video quality. The original file is 1060kbps and the new file is 1125kbps which is slightly higher than the original, and yet I'm losing quality. Is there anywhere I can insert the transitions, and maintain the quality of the original file? I suppose rendering through Sony Vegas might help, but the rendering takes a long time, despite it being the same file format as the original.

Thanks