Thread: more than 1 effect

Default more than 1 effect

I have like a 10 min video that is 1 file and i want to add more than 1 effect for the video. For example for like the first 3mins of the movie i want it to be tv effect but like at 6 mins in the video i want night vision without the tv effect. How can i do that?
    Last edited by darkhunter316; 12-04-2006 at 11:10 PM.

You can split the movie in two parts, the first part is 3 min, and the 2nd 6 min or something. Then you can apply an affect at each part.
    I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Aottens View Post
    You can split the movie in two parts, the first part is 3 min, and the 2nd 6 min or something. Then you can apply an affect at each part.
    Yup that is one way. My choice way of doing "something" to a clip is to keep those FXs relating to that EVENT as a specific manipulation. Meaning once I split the Event then I could dislodge one part of the Event from the other; have less options to adjust just exactly where I wish the FX to sustain from one to the other FX and would need to keep switching from Event PART-A to Event PART-B.

My way would be to utilise the FX Timeline Keyframer and position the K/Fs at exactly the position I want:

#1 - Apply BOTH Fxs to the Event.

#2 - Put a KF for TV Simulator at 00:00:00,00

#3 - Copy this to something just less than 6 minutes

#4 - Insert a TV-Sim KF at 00:06:00.00 and use the PRESET of "Reset To None"

.. and that has sorted out TV-sim!

Now go on and use a similar approach with the Colour Curves "Night". But this time have "Reset to None" in the period of time PRIOR to the 6mins and make it ACTIVE from 6 minutes.

If you want the Veg I have it ready for you.

Grazie

. .and more to the point, and in answering the query, this way allows us to add not only more than 1 FX, but, theoretically, ALL of Vegas' FXs!! Heavens! AND all of those to be made to fire-up and reduce and happen at at variation of speed of action - Linear, Fast, Slow Smooth . . etc etc . .

.. and then there is the very small matter of those tiny "Pre/Post Toggle" triangles too!!

Much multiple manipulation available.

Good question!!

Grazie