Thread: Vegas and Steadyhand

Default Vegas and Steadyhand

I have loads of very shaky (handheld wobbly) footage that I'm trying to sort out, not mine I hasten to add!. I'm using 'Steadyhand' to do this. The original footage is in widescreen format but after I run the footage through Steadyhand it spits it out in 4x3 format pillarboxed. It doesnt seem to have a 16x9 option. I've changed the aspect ratio of the clip back to 1.4568 (widescreen) in Vegas and it seems OK but I'm curious to know if there's a better way.

Are you doing this:

Right Click Event > Properties > Media > Pixel Aspect ration "1.4568 (PAL DV Widescreen)"

That's what I'm doing. I can't make : Copy > Paste Attributes work for this.

I'm off to do some Script Hunting!!! Oh yes . .

G

Yep! Thats exactly what I'm doing but I've got 3.5 hours of material to wade through. .....and another thing!...is this the best way or is De-Shaker or summat else better?

I used Deshaker to fix some of mine, but it seemed to add the annoying interlacing horizontal lines whenever there was movement (on purpose) of the objects in the scene - it's good and easy to use but best to do each scene separately

I managed to get most of it done with Steadyhand but can I just ask ....? Have you used VDub/Deshaker with 16x9?.

Simple ansewr - I don't know.

A friend with a 3:4 DV camera captured a DV that had been used to record 16:9 footage from a 3ccd widescreen camera. The captured footage was 4:3 - I don't know whether the source camera was "fake 16:9" that needed a special decoder or whether it was captured wrong so that the sides were cut off.

Anyway, when I put it into Virtual Dub it played as a widescreen film, but a 4:3 one in Windows Media Player. It deshaked fine in VDub (apart from the strong jerks, but that was obviously not going to improve) and the output was 4:3.

I don't really know what happened as I didn't record or capture the footage, just edited it. In future I'll capture myself so I know what specs are being used. Anway, this may help and Sorry for such a vague answer.