Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting started in Wedding Videography

Blog Entries

Default Getting started in Wedding Videography

There are a series of guides to getting started in videography on this site and can be found here:

Strength in numbers: Joining an Association for Videographers
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...hers-a228.html

The Price is Right: Charging the Right Price for Wedding Videography
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...aphy-a227.html

Your first wedding video
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...ideo-a217.html

So you want to be a wedding videographer?
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...pher-a216.html

How to find a Wedding Videographer
    http://www.bride-and-groom.co.uk/wed...rapher-a3.html
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 08-19-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Default Good Stuff ...

Hi Marc,

Great articles! I've written a few articles myself that I hope others will find useful.

1. Shooting Video In Low Light

2. Top 10 List for Shooting Better Wedding Videos

3. Using Photographs To Tell A Video Story

4. 7 Steps To Shoot Video Like A Pro
    Last edited by Mark P; 07-19-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Wow!!!

All dead links :(

Nice post! Thanks for these links.

Found this really useful, good stuff!
    Rebelling Against Cheesy Wedding DVDs

Default wedding production skills training

Many new operators make the same mistakes when starting up a wedding video business. Crash zooms, wobbles, poor sound and the missing of essential scenes by general poor control of the day's planning and their equipment.
    They also waste valuable time, money and future reputations with poor marketing management.

It's for this reason we are putting our decades worth of full time experience into providing core skills of wedding video production.
    This has proved a valuable shortcut to both new and established operators into making their venture a successful and profitable one.

These skills, once learned, are the foundation to every production, be it weddings, business or entertainment.
    With the benefit of our core skills training you can soon master manual camera operation, sound, editing and marketing techniques that establish a great reputation.
    Wedding DVD Production Training
    Last edited by Zero; 11-02-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spell check
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

8. Default

To start any successful business organistion is key. Even more so when dealing with clients who are involving you in one of their biggest days of their life. There will be lots of emails, contracts and amendments. Meetings are also important and keeping track of who is who and what deal you agreed with which couple is so important.

Then how are people going to find you. Although I guess that is a different forum.

Of course equipment is really important. Not just a real camera but all the other stuff like good audio and grip. But all the equipment and software in the world wont make a good film.

The only bit of advise I can offer for the actual filming is that remember it is not about you it is all about them.

wedding video wedding videos

Quote Originally Posted by molo78 View Post
    To start any successful business organistion is key. Even more so when dealing with clients who are involving you in one of their biggest days of their life. There will be lots of emails, contracts and amendments. Meetings are also important and keeping track of who is who and what deal you agreed with which couple is so important.

Then how are people going to find you. Although I guess that is a different forum.

Of course equipment is really important. Not just a real camera but all the other stuff like good audio and grip. But all the equipment and software in the world wont make a good film.

The only bit of advise I can offer for the actual filming is that remember it is not about you it is all about them.

wedding video wedding videos

Hi Molo78

Thanks for the info. Im a steadi operater and editor, about to start wedding filming. I work with directors who just concentrate on the us, the production crew. I guess the clients for weddings just want them getting married. Not a festival of clever angles and movement. Guess it has its own stripped down language. Im not one for cheezy effects so I guess its all stable shots. Dcumentary without the shakey camera. Thanks again as I was about to go off on the wrong road. I guess a &D is a stupid itea then. What you use?

10. Default

Hi Aura
    Thank you for that. You are right the clients just want the shot, there is no take 2. If you mean the 7D, nightmare. No sound unless you get the adaptor thing, it will always be out of focus (unless they pay for a focus puller which I have never heard of for a wedding video.) We use a Z7, and sometime a EX1 or EX3. They all use the Exmor chip, which is the best for low light. I hope that helps.
    If I could ask you about Steady. We have started using the Z7 on a Steady but it is a bit of a nightmare as it seems too light. Do you have any advice for our wedding videographer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast