Thread: Exporting from Adobe Premiere Pro 2

Default Exporting from Adobe Premiere Pro 2

Hi,

I have just recently purchase a new PC intel core duo 2.6ghz, with 2gb of ram, with a canopus NX Pci capture card. I have just installed Premiere pro but having problems rendering, it seem to take a very long time to render, a fifteen minutes clip take roughly thirty minutes to render, is this how long it should take? or is there some setting I need to do?

Also when exporting the quality of the picture is really poor and fuzzy, could someone recommend the correct settings or codec that I should use.

Any feedback would be much a appreciated.

How did you capture your video, was it using a Firewire or USB cable? Firewire gives the best picture quality compared to USB and therefore you should always use Firewire when possible. Does that NX Pci capture card have a Firewire socket or is it just USB, if it's only USB then look on your computer for a Firewire socket and use that or purchase a PCI Firewire card and connect the camcorder to it. When was the last time you defragmented your hard disk? If it's been a while then do it now to see if that improves performance, also switch off or disable screensavers and antivirus software unless you are permanently connected to the Internet.

I just wanted to say that, I did use my Canopus NX PCI firewire card socket to capture the footage. I can preview the footage in Premiere very clearly; its just when I go to export the movie, the end product is of a poor quality with fuzzy edges.

Below is how my hard drives are set up, could this be the problem or is it the export setup in premiere?

1 x 250gb drive for boot
    50Gb partition for windows
    200Gb left for my doc's

1 x 250Gb for backup

2 x 250gb drives
    setup as raid 0 stripe

(This is the drive I use to capture footage and save the premiere project)

Also I wanted to mention when I export a movie footage, some parts are very clear and sharp and some parts are very poor quality/fuzzy. The rendering time is very slow… I have spent almost £3000 on this spec, as I am getting into vide editing!

Please Help

Many Thanks

You certainly have no shortage of storage space. Why do you need all those drives? I've just got 2 SATA drives, one has the OS and apps/files on it and the other is just for video and they work fine. Yes, definitely check the export settings to see if they are different. Have you applied a lot of transitions and effects, have you got OpenGL hardware acceleration available to you? Have you defragmented your hard disk? A fragmented HD will make capturing and rendering much slower. Try downloading the latest driver for the Canopus to see if that does anything. The CoDec you should be using is Microsoft DV AVI, I use this one 99% of the time and it works with no problems.