Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan Remix

Lightbulb Saving Private Ryan Remix

Hey there-- First post ever!!

I have been into filmmaking for a little bit so far, me and a few friends even have our own "Production" company, called Spare Time Productions, completely fake, of course

Our Website:
    www.freewebs.com/sparetimeproductions

Anywhay, the SPR remix is basically a bunch of shots from the film, chopped up and re-edited to the beat of "Reise, Reise" by Rammstein. i mean nothing of disrespect b/c of the German music choice, the opening just caught me (waves lapping and seagulls gulling) and the opening shot of Saving Private Ryan popped into the old noggin..

You can see it at:

BTW, the choppiness of the video is to to Fraps' ineptitude of capturing the video from Windows Media Player (whic is a ghetto way of doing things, but that's how I roll.) so bear with it, maybe even enjoy it?

Anyway, leave a comment, then post back, even give me a review, that would be Awesome...

Suh-weet!

PS: please leave a comment. I'm lonely and need to be appreciated, or hated so i have an excuse to go apesh** on some sap.
    not that that's you.
    unless it is.
    in which case, go suck a blowfish.

but still leave a comment
    Last edited by fultron89; 12-05-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Respond To My Anguished Voice!!!!!!
    Everybody Pays

3. Default

Its a rip of Private Ryan beach scene with a heavy metal track dubbed over it ?
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

You're a very observant young man, you know that?

(and it's german industrial metal)
    Everybody Pays

Blog Entries

Technically these are really very easy things to do. To raise more than the odd eyebrow I suggest that they need to be more than the sum of thier parts.

I suppose this has mild irony / shock value - using a band that has flirted rather cleverly with this whole master race thing in thier marketing and really does walk the line between silly / scary rather well with some very shocking recreated ww2 footage is almost saying something... but what?

The footage goes from harrowing / shocking ( i cried at this bit when i watched the film) to triumphal and a bit silly.... like a computer game ,, perhaps that is the message?

Maybe I will try re-editing schlinders list to Burning Alive by AC/DC

I think these re edit / music jobs can sometimes be funny / upsetting / challenging / satrical, but for me this isnt really.

Blog Entries

So you took footage from some of the worlds' best cinematographers and added it to a best-selling heavy metal band.

You'd really have to work to get a bad video out of that!

I would hope that this edit was meant ironically. Rammstein, a German right-wing group who appeal to neo-nazis and racists mixed with images from a film by a Jewish director who is struggling to keep alive the memory of the victims of the Germans.
    I really hope that you weren't serious when you said that you just used the music because it sounded good. That would be too dim for comment.

sorry, nice try, but I've seen a lot better. Try something original, shoot your own footage or make your own music.

Blog Entries

I think the Guru articulates my mumblings more clearly.

THERE'S NO MESSAGE!!!!!
    Why does everything have to have a freaking' message???
    yes, I realize it is ironic, maybe offensive, but it in no way is trying to project a message or theme.
    I really did just like the song's opening, and saw that the waves sounded like SPR.
    Is that so hard to believe???
    [cry of agony]
    As Till Lindemann said: "Such BullS***"
    Everybody Pays

Blog Entries

There IS a message. The problem is that you can't see it.

Let's put it this way. My favourite seasonal song is "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas".

The most chilling television footage I can think of are the shots of the police attacking black freedom marchers in the southern States in the 1960s

I'll put them together with the disclaimer "There is no message".

Got in now?

Blog Entries

I have made many offensive / shocking videos and have always been up front about what they are and why it was done.

On your site it says 'no offense', surely this indicates you realize it IS likely to offend.

Rammstein admit to deliberately courting controversy with some very silly stunts purely to sell records, a common strategy, they are honest about it. Wrong IMHO in most cases but honest.

Flirt with Nazi ideas in any way and two things may happen - people will call you a Nazi or all your fans will be Nazis or dumb kids who just want to annoy their mums.

In any creative pursuit the onus is on the creator to take responsibility for what they do and to explain, when criticized, why they did it.

Creatives use powerful imagery and ideas with intent, with deliberation. The use the two pieces of media in your work is clearly NOT just because you liked them, the sub texts are too close.

If it was an accident, IF, or if you didn't realize the message you were creating perhaps you should say so....

If it was deliberate, what is the message - or are you just trying to annoy your mum ?
    Last edited by Mark W; 12-15-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast