Thread: Neebie with simple question

1. Red face Neebie with simple question

I am sure you guys will answer this in an instant. I have tried searching but after 20 pages I gave up.

In Encore DVD 2 I have created a Main Menu which has 2 buttons. Play All and Chapters at the bottom of the screen.
    I then dragged an avi file over to the menu screen and it put it as the background.

Finally my question.... What I want to do is shrink the size of the video that is the background.
    It automatically covers the whole screen and I want to make it stop before it goes over the buttons.

Any help would be appreciated.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

Hi Frank,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. If you want a background for your menu from your video I would suggest taking a frame from it using Premiere Pro 2 if you have it then importing that into Photoshop to create a PSD file which you can then use as a background.

Western Europe

I don't know if you can do this in Encore but you can in Premiere, when you drag the video clip that you want to resize, because thats what you want to do, as you say it covers the buttons and you don't want that. Click on the video clip and see if it gives you drag handles around the outside, they may appear as little black boxes at every corner. If they do appear click on the one at the top right and drag it into the centre to make the clip physically smaller. You could also try holding down either the SHIFT key or CTRL key to keep the size in proportion. If drag handles don't appear then right mouse click on the clip and see if a menu appears and it might have a resize function available to you, click on it to select it and a dialog box should appear where you may be asked to type in a width and height.