Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't get effects to work!

  1. Question Can't get effects to work!

    I'm not sure what I've done, but for some reason, every time I try and apply one of the effects under "Film Effects", they're no longer animated. I used to be able to drag and drop the effects and they'd work fine, now they're just static... Any ideas?

    MS.

  2. #2

    Default

    Marcus? I'm confused?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    . . every time I try and apply one of the effects under "Film Effects", they're no longer animated. MS.
    Are you saying that the Video FX Preset "samples" aren;t animating when you rollover with your cursor?

    But then you say . ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    I used to be able to drag and drop the effects and they'd work fine, now they're just static... Any ideas?

    MS.
    Eh? Are you saying that you DON'T see the result of the drag and drop? Is this what you are saying? Maybe you have by-passed switch-off the FX being applied? If THIS is the case then turn it back on. It is located on the TOOLBAR of the Video Preview Window.

    So is that you DON'T see the results of what you apply OR is it that you aren't seeing the sample animation in the Video FX Menu?

    To me it would appear you have asked 2 questions in one? Yeah?


  3. Default

    I mean that whenever I apply a video effect, like, for instance, the "Very Old Film" filter under "Film Effects", it does not animate itself when I play back a preview of the video I'm editing - it just displays itself like a static image. Previously, it would be animated.

    I have "FX Bypassed" switched off, so I don't know what the problem is...

    MS.

  4. #4

    Default

    Ah! Now I understand. OK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    I mean that whenever I apply a video effect,
    So being specific, which helps, you ARE meaning movement from WITHIN the actual effect itself - yes? OK. You don't mean animation of the Fx sample WITHIN the Video FX samplers menu. Got it.

    OK, read on . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    . . . . for instance, the "Very Old Film" filter under "Film Effects", it does not animate itself when I play back a preview of the video I'm editing - it just displays itself like a static image. Previously, it would be animated.
    Now, I have too ask, what version and what build of Vegas ARE you using? Go Help > About and read of the information there.

    Reason being that there WAS a Film Fx non-animation bug present ina version/build some time back.

    Now then, EITHER you have this version/build of OR something else has gone awry and there IS another reason as to why the Film Fx is not animating. Interesting.

    Without wishing to further delve into the issue you might consider yourself going to the Sony Update site and view your version of Vegas, read the issue papers there and then come back and inform us if you have OR haven't gleaned any assistance from what you have read - yes?

    In any event, post your version and build here and let's see where you are up to. Yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Schmuck View Post
    I have "FX Bypassed" switched off, so I don't know what the problem is...
    Well now knowing that in fact you ARE actually seeing and are aware of the Fx being partially active, we can now discard this as being part of the symptom of non-animation. Good. My guess you ARE seeing hair and dust and so on, but it ISN'T moving. This confirms that you ARE partially seeing some of the FX working, which in turn MEANS you are seeing a percentage of the effect. I'm also guessing here that you can see "other" effects working too? Colour Correction? Invert and so on? Yes?

    I suspect what you are therefore referring to is the non-flickering, non-jittering and non-movement of the dust and hairs. This does, indeed, sound familiar to the bug I mentioned. But, needless to say, this HAS been rectified in subsequent releases and builds of Vegas. Let's hear from you on your version and build.

    I had the exact same "bug" - but as I say, this was rectified with an update,

    Hope this helps,

    Grazie

  5. Smile

    Grazie - Many thanks for your help! I upgraded to 6.0d and everything works fine now. I must have had the buggy version.

    MS.

Similar Threads

  1. Where to look for work???
    By bit.heed in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 08:51 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 05:25 PM
  3. 2 min horror short inc some effects work
    By alexhunter3d in forum User Videos
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 03:17 PM
  4. would this work well
    By n_kop71 in forum The Perfect Video Editing PC
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:36 PM
  5. Will this work?
    By Damu_G in forum Hardware Problems
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 06:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •