Thread: Rendering sizes

Default Rendering sizes

ok so im using adobe premiere 2 and i want to make my video a size other thatn 720x420(or whatever the height is). ive been trying to figure out how to make it smaller but i cant seem to find anything. i want to make the video 320x240. please help. thanks in advance

I am also having this problem.
    My capturing software will only capture the footage 320x240.
    Does anyone have a solution please?

I'm sorry.
    I have managed to figure it out.

When starting up Click on 'new project.'
    Click 'Custom Settings'
    In General first setting, change from 'DV Editing' to 'Video for Windows'
    Then you can change the frame size to 320 x 240.

You can do it that way if you like but I have a better solution for you.

It's always better to capture and edit at your original resolution i.e. 720x480 (or whatever ) and only whenyou have done all your editing and you do your final export as a movie do you reduce the size. At export time there's plenty of options to change size.

If you do this then if it is a masterpiece you have a full sized original and can re-export it at full resolution for any purpose you like rather than be stuck with a tiny version only good for dial-up connectes, say.

For example, I always shoopt and edit in high def. Only at export do I shrink it down to standard def for DVD production. Later, when I get a Blu-ray burner (or whatever) all I need to do is re-open the project and just export it with different settings and not have to do everything again.

See where I'm going?

Fantastic thanks for the advice
    I also found out that it was the USB cable causing the reduced size and quality.
    Ordered a firewire cable last night, so looking forward to finally get the 15+ DV tapes of footage Ive never captured.
    Our wedding clips have been there since the summer as I wasn't wasting my time if all I could get was you-tube quality clips.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigz View Post
    Fantastic thanks for the advice
    I also found out that it was the USB cable causing the reduced size and quality.
    Ordered a firewire cable last night, so looking forward to finally get the 15+ DV tapes of footage Ive never captured.
    Our wedding clips have been there since the summer as I wasn't wasting my time if all I could get was you-tube quality clips.

Thanks again.
    Respectfully, you've fallen for the age old trap of USB. Most camcorder come with a USB lead and s/w. It is very difficult for noobs to appreciate that the best thing to do with them is drop them in the bin and buy a firewire lead. because it is supplied inthe box it is assumed the best and, especially at this timje of year when lots of peopel have got new cameras for Xmas, we hit this problem a lot.

As a genarl rule, if your camcorder box comes with a CD then under no circumstance (actually I can think of a reason but it;s a side issue) does that CD ever need to be put into the drive on your PC. Get a firewire lead and let the PC s/w do the rest.

I'm glad you've got over that hurdle though.

Aye, now know what I was doing wrong Ive found a few threads on the subject
    Id actually asked the guy in Comet when Id bought the camcorder what the difference was between the two cables.
    He told me nothing, one was just faster than the other

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigz View Post
    Id actually asked the guy in Comet when Id bought the camcorder what the difference was between the two cables.
    Oh dear. Good job it didn't end up costing you. Shop assistants are essentially there as box shifters, but it you'd have thought they'd have a rudimentary knowledge of the products they sell. Especially given the cost of some of the stuff they sell.

Yes it is very poor.
    I recieved the cable I bought through ebay, captured all my footage from the past year.
    I now have my wedding, my girls first birthday, and christmas foot to edit togeher...
    Great. lol
    See you in a couple of years