Thread: Rendering as you go with Vegas 6

Default Rendering as you go with Vegas 6

Has anyone tried rendering short clips and then putting the mpgs' in a story line (I guess you would have to use cuts only) so that when you are done you wouldn't have to render a 30 or 60 minute program? I know, that was a run-on sentence

Blog Entries

Yes, I had a 20 minute film that was full of clever effects across many tracks. I rendered it into 5 seperate chunks then put them back into vegas and rendered them together.

Best to render the chunks as dv, any more compression and you create generation loss.

Unhappy I hope I am not being stupid

Hi, thanks for responding about the rendering as you go question. But what I was wondering was: when you have all the pre rendered clips assembled, can you save it as a mpg file and then just open it in a burn program...DVD done. I have done several projects (for local broadcast) with Vegas and have no complaints--except for the rendering time. I know I could just try to do what I am asking, but I know I would try too much and then risk it not saving as a burnable mpg and have to render it anyway. Plus, I like the cyber-social of the forum and wanted to jump in.
    bk

Hi, thanks for responding about the rendering as you go question. But what I was wondering was: when you have all the pre rendered clips assembled, can you save it as a mpg file and then just open it in a burn program...DVD done. I have done several projects (for local broadcast) with Vegas and have no complaints--except for the rendering time. I know I could just try to do what I am asking, but I know I would try too much and then risk it not saving as a burnable mpg and have to render it anyway. Plus, I like the cyber-social of the forum and wanted to jump in.
    bk

Watcha!
    Yes you can but the problem is that when you put MPEG's on the timeline and save it as another MPEG Vegas will re-render. so you lose some quality as you've now rendered MPEG,s twice. There is some DVD editing software which enables you to re-edit MPEG's. One is 'Womble' and I think the other is 'ReDoVideo' or 'VideoReDo'. Have a google. They both allow you to re-edit MPEG's without re rendering everything.

Watcha!?? That word is a new one to me. Thank you for the response. How about this? Have you tried saving the mpgs' and then loading them into a burn program so they would play as continuous chapters? I know I sound kind of helpless, but that is not the case; I would like to avoid fruitless experimentation if possible. I have been printing to miniDV for years (Applied Magic Screenplay) and SVHS for longer before that, this rendering thing seem like a step backwards. However if this is the price for advanced non-destructive editing, I guess I have to get used to it.

bk

Watcha!?? That word is a new one to me. Thank you for the response. How about this? Have you tried saving the mpgs' and then loading them into a burn program so they would play as continuous chapters? I know I sound kind of helpless, but that is not the case; I would like to avoid fruitless experimentation if possible. I have been printing to miniDV for years (Applied Magic Screenplay) and SVHS for longer before that, this rendering thing seem like a step backwards. However if this is the price for advanced non-destructive editing, I guess I have to get used to it.

bk