Thread: Black Borders

Default Black Borders

Hey folks:

I've encountered an interesting problem with some footage that was shot on a Panasonic DVCPro system under both PPro 1.5.1 and AE6.5. Thin black borders appear on the left and right of each frame despite the correct PAR being set. It's outside the safe area so it's okay for tv but it's annoying when doing non-tv stuff. I can scale it out but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered the problem and if they knew of the cause. It doesn't seem to occur when using FCP to edit/view the footage.

Pic attached to demonstrate.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

i have the same problem with my xm1... when not doing TV viewd stuff i crop them out with squeeze or in prem.
    but........ if anyone knows why this happens and how to fix pre capture that would be grand!

3. Default

does no-one have any ideas on this?

^^ ive seen something simler to this problem adressed somewhere on creative cow - no one had any idea why it was happering, but if my memory serves me right you solve the problem by editing the script somehow.. sorry -cant for the life of me remember where it was on the site - it was some time ago now, i'll have a look to see if i can remember....