Thread: Vegas 7.0 question

Default Vegas 7.0 question

How do you cut a clip and save it to put it together in a montage later. Also any good tutorials on how to use general stuff overall?

Blog Entries

To cut a clip, simply locate the position and press the S key. If you then render that clip you can save it as a new one for later use.

As for tutorials, I know people on here harp on about creativecow but I've never looked... try googling.....?

EDIT - Just remembered.... there is a guy on YouTube who does video tuts, try searching there, but of course the best thing (and something 99% of people seem never to bother with) is to use the manual.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 11-22-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Blog Entries

I would say more than use - read, all of it. I did ages ago and I am sure it helped me out loads. Not a praticularly exciting read but very usefull.

Ok I have been using the select loop region thing and rendering to new track. I can't seem to get it right using the S key. I want to select a part like maybe a 6 second clip. Is their a way to select then press S or what here. Also I have no manual, it got thrown out. BTW this is Vegas 7.0.
    thnx

Split out the 6 seconds you want and Copy/Paste the new split clip?

Blog Entries

You've thrown the manual away? Oh my lord.

It really is pretty simple. Click your mouse on the timeline where you want to split the clip and press the S key. Select another point and do the same. Double click the new, short piece and you'll get a region selected from the start to the end. Choose File - Render - decide what format and click Render. You'll finish up with the clip you want saved where you want for later use.

Ok thanks for your help. And yea I threw the box away not thinking about the manual being in there.

TDA-Digital Guest

Default Thank's Here Also

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    It really is pretty simple. Click your mouse on the timeline where you want to split the clip and press the S key. Select another point and do the same. Double click the new, short piece and you'll get a region selected from the start to the end. Choose File - Render - decide what format and click Render. You'll finish up with the clip you want saved where you want for later use.
    I've been following this thread with interest and a "Sincere Thanks" from me also. I haven't discarded my manual, but find it somewhat difficult to locate certain things I want to use. Vegas is powerful software, which just takes time to learn all the software's capabilities.

Regards,