Thread: DV AVI To DVD Problem

Default DV AVI To DVD Problem

Hi

I am trying to transfer my DV AVI movie which i exported from Adobe Premier 6 into a DVD which will play on a standard DVD player. I used WinDVD Creator 2 to do this and the outcome was poor. My chapter menue was fine and the backing music clear, but as soon as the video and music played together in the movie then the music became distorted and the video a bit jerky. However, it plays fine in my PC dvd player. I have tried it on various stand alone dvd players and they are all the same. I have also tried burning to a DVD+RW and a DVD-R disk but this also made no difference. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Alan

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

It sounds like the total bitrate of video and all audio tracks combined are exceding the 9.8Mbps DVD limit. PC's don't have this limit, but stand-alone players do. When it is exceded, even momentarily, the audio and/or video will skip or freeze.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Default What do i do

Hey Thanks crusty

So do you know how i can check if thats the case and how can i fix it??

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

I like to use MPEG-2 Validator. It may say a good mpg fails, but it still measures all the important parameters. You can edit the MpegReference.ini file to your own requirements. (PAL/NTSC)
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70