Thread: Problem using Philips AVG01 VHS-to-DVD Converter

Default Problem using Philips AVG01 VHS-to-DVD Converter

Some months back I bought a Philips DVD writer together with a USB converter to transfer VHS and camcorder video to DVDs.

I've had some success using it with a camcorder and the SVHS cable but can't seem to get it to work at all with a video recorder and VHS tapes.

I've connected the converter to the video using red, white and yellow phono plugs/cables and a SCART adapter but nothing seems to come over to the PC - no video and no sound.

Anyone else got one of these and can give me any tips?

It's possible, I suppose, that there is a fault with the converter but I don't relish the idea of having to take the whole lot back to PC World now.

A bit more on this now...

I've confirmed that the AVG01 is working okay by connecting up a different video camera to the composite plugs using the same wire and it works fine.

I've also tried it with two different VCRs, all of which only have the SCART socket, and neither of them work. So, is it the SCART adapter?

I've tried two of these adapters and the result is the same - black screen. Weird.

Any ideas?

Default Convert VHS to DVD

visit VHS to DVD and transfer your home video tapes to dvd. You can get a pretty good conversion at a reasonable price from a lot of places. But what are most of these companies lacking? Care and attention to detail! Other ways you get totally amateurish product done with domestic equipment.
    link: http://www.vhs-to-dvd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ambriel View Post
    I've also tried it with two different VCRs, all of which only have the SCART socket, and neither of them work. So, is it the SCART adapter
    A rather belated follow-up to this.

Eventually I found the problem was with the SCART adapters. I re-wired one of the ones I had and it now links fine with the VCR.