Thread: Export/Import worng size, format?

Default Export/Import worng size, format?

Hi all

I've currently started several projects using the Adobe range, Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop. However I am having a great deal of trouble transferring between them all. I use Pal 16:9 and use DV, as well as AVI from dvds etc.

For Menus I'm not sure what size its meant to be, I hear its square pixels or something and whenever I export a frame/movie from Premiere or After Effects and then put it into Premiere (sometimes again) the size is always wrong. Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Porto

I suspect that this is really just a non-square pixels problem. In Premier Pro, select the clip once it's imported and then (right click?) find the 'Interpret as' option to tell or remind Premiere that the clip ius in fact a widescreen clip.

Widescreen clips are exactly the same dimensions (pixel wise) as 'normal' clips. All that changes is the shape of each pixel. It's easy for the apps to lose or not transfer this small piece of iimportant info when exporting/importing.

Alternatively, if you are using that set of apps, did it come as 'Production Studio'? If so then things should be even easier. I'm no expert at it (yet) but PS has an extra 'app' called 'Dynamic Link' which allows seamless moving of sequences between apps. i.e. export from PPro to AE, make a change and without doing anything else it's automagically updated the PPro timeline too.

Cheers, that seems to have done the trick, though the video brought back in does always need moved slightly (a pixel or two). Also is there any way Encore can do the same interpretation. I am designing menus also (I heard it needs to be 1024 by 576) but if the menu is based on the video, is this possible without resizing? I have read about the Production Studio, It allows projects to be transferred and other nice features but too expensive atm :( but will look into it.

Cheers,

Porto