Thread: No sound with AVI

Default No sound with AVI

I've downloaded some movies to use in a music video, but I can't seem to get the sound working. Technically I wouldn't need the sound for an MV if I'm replacing it with music, but my video editor will not load it up when theres something wrong with it.
    I hear this is a fairly common occurance and I've tried some of the solutions, like installing XVID codecs and AC3Filters but I'm still not getting any sound from this select group of AVIs.
    Because I'm so computer illiterate, here's a screenshot of what Gspot tells me is the matter:

It says the XVID codec is not installed despite me downloading it and that I have two Fraunhofer MPEG layer-3 codecs installed.

Is there anything I can do?

The video file (pictures and sound) may be locked in some way to prevent it from being copied or edited. I haven't used the DivX codec so I'm not an expert on it, but this is a common practice.

The video file (pictures and sound) may be locked or protected in some way to prevent it from being copied or edited. I haven't used the DivX codec so I'm not an expert on it, but this is a common practice. In the box where it says the video codec what is the 'more info...' part saying? Did you notice before downloading that maybe you have to download a player or some other small piece of software in order to make these specific files play on your computer.

It says:
    "GSpot was unable to find a suitable codec installed, indicating that this media file not likely playable on this O/S at this time. To be able to play this media file, attempt to locate a suitable codec based on the Format and 4CC given above. Install the codec and then test again with GSpot after the codec has been installed.

There was no indication a seperate player or anything to make them playable, just this avi file. It plays on Nero, but not through DivX player or Windows Media Player.