Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royalty-Free Music

Default Royalty-Free Music

Is there a place where I can get royalty-free music for free? Someone reccommended the BBC site in another post and I checked it out but it was kind of limited. Anyone know of any place like this?

There's usually some to be found on the cover disks of magazines.

Here in the UK I get amonthly mag called "Digital Video Made Easy" and as well as trials of lots of s/w they always (since I've been getting it) have a selection of animated backgrounds, sample video (from reviewd camcorders) and music.

Not sure what you might have available on 'planet Houston' (Superman 2 quote) but check your news-stands. You might come up lucky.

ya, but there's no place on the web? I don't want to have to buy magazines and stuff

This is probably my crazy saturday evening alchol enfused rant, but surely the collective (the collective being the forums) command enough clout to garner sufficienet interest from the big (or small) record companies for us to post a snippet of copyright material in our videos?

No hold on, as someone said on my way home, I sound like a marxist (even though I studied economics, and have a thorough understanding of today's market economy), so I should be ignored...

Rant over.

well, idk I kinda like the idea of not having a barrier with what I can do with my films. For instance I might want to be able to enter them into a contest, but I don't really know. It'd nice to keep my options open. Plus, I kinda like the idea of not having music that people instantly recognize because it can distract them from the film.

Default Re: Royalty-Free Music

Quote Originally Posted by MoJoe
    Is there a place where I can get royalty-free music for free? Someone reccommended the BBC site in another post and I checked it out but it was kind of limited. Anyone know of any place like this?
    I realize this is a month out...but in case you haven't found any sites yet, here's one that has some fairly good choices: http://www.freeplaymusic.com/.

Some of it sounds like cheesy 80s theme songs but some of it is pretty good. Ya gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

There's nowt wrong with a bit of cheesy 80s electro-pop

80's electro pop = :twisted: hahah
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

oooooohhh...... I don't know.....
    http://www.freeplaymusic.com/licensing/termsofuse.php

says that we may be overstepping the line a bit if we use it for much at all......

p.s. WOW we get the same magazine i really liked the 14th issue cos it had all those good specialFX

Quote Originally Posted by Pieguy
    says that we may be overstepping the line a bit if we use it for much at all......
    Very true and I did attempt to email the licensing person to ask a few questions. But my email got bounced back after it had been rerouted a few times telling me the user's inbox was beyond quota. Meh, I'll try again later I s'pose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast