Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nv Md10000

Default Nv Md10000

Hi,

A friend of mine found this today

http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/prodi...islist=6~28~86

And I found this

http://www.panasonic.ae/PMM/English/...Id=32&prdId=41

it would appear to be a true panasonic 3ccd, so can't be all bad. Anybody looking for a cheap shoulder shooter might want to consider it.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any reveiws anywhere (not that I have looked that hard) but it is cropping up on more and more sites and 700 seems to be quite normal, it would be nice to have more info.

Does anybody know of this camera and it's abilities?
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Blog Entries

Looks ok but i know nothing else, never seen one in the flesh.

If you want a bargain big cam considor a sony vx9000 too, lots on e bay, my last one cost me 500.

Yeah but this is NEW. It's still in production, not an obsolete model.
    In fact, I've been thinking about getting myself one of these, too. But I know nothing about it.

Blog Entries

Ha, yes the vx9000 is indeed old but you can club fur seals with it and it'll still work - I like it for it's expensive bullet proof construction and sexy pro looks.

Inside it's only a vx1000 really but the butoons and switches make it a joy to use and it handles really well - jeepers listen to me - better start a fan club...

I will ask around at college about the pana - tbh it's probably better ccd wise than the vx, less smeary and more sensitive but I dounbt it will have seal slaying build quality. I did considor bidding on one a while back for the same reasons as you - it does look a bargain.

Blog Entries

I've done a bit of Googling on this one, and what puts me off (apart from purely gadgets seeming to be the only main seller of it in the UK) is the phrase 'Shaped for Professional Style Shooting'. No mention of technical abilities, but at least it looks nice. Hmmm.... Lets face it at around seven hundred quid, what can you really expect from it?.... you pays your money....

6. Default

700 for a a cam of this size seems either dodgy or priced up wrong
    it certainly looks the part but i would say that it wont be brilliant for the price
    i cant seem to find any reviews either :S

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    700 for a a cam of this size seems either dodgy or priced up wrong
    Its around 1050 dollars US, so the UK price is about right. But, look at the size of the optic in that massive hood. Looks pretty small. I think it's a sheep in wolfs clothing.

Blog Entries

Maybe the fact that it has lp mode is also a clue to it's roots. I think it is a jazzed up placcy domestic job not a specced down seal killer.

9. Default

i stumbled upon a chat in a forum about it and this guy said it was rubbish... and should be kept away from due to its bad image quality

I'm on the fence with this 1. I don't think it is any mistake that panasonic haven't offered this cam direct in Europe. In what is a wealthy part of the world they would offer top end, top price gear.

I haven't looked again to check, but it doesn't say if it is based on 1/8 ccd system like the lower end camcorders or the 1/4.7 ccd of the gs400/500. It doesn't say if it has the leica lens or not.

Any comparison to other cameras of this type is pointless as they are 5 times the price and of course excellent, and as Mark W says, if you go secondhand you could get good quality for close to or less than 700.

I think for a wedding videographer this cam is not nearly up to it, but in a controlled enviroment and if it has enough manual settings, maybe it could produce quality video.

Not really an opinion, just thinking out loud.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast