Thread: Newbie - Problems capturing video

Default Newbie - Problems capturing video

Hi

I'm new to all this so apologies if this is a basic question.

I've just loaded Vegas 6 and I'm trying to capture HDV video from an HDR-HC1E and can't make it work.

Firstly, when I run Vegas 6 I get a message before it loads saying 'The media library Default has a newer format that is not supported by this version of software', but not sure what that means?

Then when Vegas is up and running, I've gone into Options/Preferences/Video and unchecked the 'use external video capture' box, connected via iLink, switched the camcorder on and put it in Play/Edit, but when I try and capture video I get a 'Device Not Available' message in the window on Vegas.

Anyone got any ideas??

Are there settings that need changing either on the computer (it's a VAIO VGN-SZ1VP Laptop), or somewhere on the camcorder?

Try NOT unchecking the 'use external video capture'. works for me.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

TDA-Digital Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baino View Post
    Then when Vegas is up and running, I've gone into Options/Preferences/Video and unchecked the 'use external video capture' box, connected via iLink, switched the camcorder on and put it in Play/Edit, but when I try and capture video I get a 'Device Not Available' message in the window on Vegas.
    I have the exact same problem as outlined in the quote above and my question concerns the meaning of “Not Available”.

I am also just new to Vegas, coming from Ulead Video Studio 9, which I still have installed and running on my desktop computer and suffer no video capture problems between my Panasonic GS55 and my computer, via a firewire port, using Ulead Studio 9.

So my concern is this; perhaps the reason I (we) are receiving the “Not Available” message in the Vegas video capture window is because my Ulead software is still installed and taking over the video capturing abilities of the Vegas software? Does this make sense or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Open to any and all comments, suggestions and criticisms with a premature “Thanks”

TA