Thread: Cant Import .AVI on premiere pro 7.0

Default Cant Import .AVI on premiere pro 7.0

hello all. I hope someone can help me out.
    First off, i capped some video off the digital cable using vdub and huffyuv loossless codecs. I try to import the video on premiere, and i can play it back and cut it and all, with no problems, however when i put it on the timeline, it converts into a weird picture... its like looking through the film that develops, all pixolated and i can not find any way to fix it. Ive checked the net for an answer but to no avail. Please help. I will try to post a screenshot of what im talking about, and would apreciate all help. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Sounds to me like one of the following:

1) the imported video resolution is lower than the project resolution setiting and or;

2) the imported video is heavily compressed

The latter is out of the question as you used huffyu. So try creating a new project with the video resolution set to your actual resolution.

well, since i capped with full frame, i would belive that the first would not apply either. I have tried projects with 480*480 and 720*480... and in neither i can see anything when i put it on the timeline. If i use a mpeg2 vid file that i have converted with tmpgenc, it works well, however then there is a squishing problem on the output video. I am not sure if my settings are messed up, or my computer is just too heavily loaded with unneeded codecs etc. I just capped some more vid footage, in uncompressed AVI, using Vdub, and no compression. Will post the results here once i restart and plug on the new HDD. Also, thanks for the fast reply.

Btw, were u able to see the screenshot ?

well, what do u know... the new sources did the trick. Its i can see my files now on the timeline. Lets hope it works later on when i try to export the movie