Thread: Buying Advice Needed

Default Buying Advice Needed

I need the experts' advice.

I have a simple project currently created in Swish (flash-lite), that I need to create in video format for distribution to many different countries (& different formats) via DVD. It will also be available via the web, but once I have it in video format, I'm confident that I'll have many options for web delivery.

Here's the link:
    www.emptyarms.ca/v3/empty_arms_v3_4.html
    (Just a warning, it's huge as we haven't optimized anything ~ 10Mb)

The problem with the current format is audio sync'ing, and DVD distribution.

I tried using Premier Elements, and Pinnacle retail, but ran into limitations on objects and elements.

So, I had created a new shortlist to include Vegas, Liquid, and Flash. However I spoke with someone at VideoGuys.com who recommended 'Serious Magic', but after working with the trial version, it really missed the mark.

Vegas seems to be my top pick, but I really could use some expert guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Cory
    Last edited by Knight57; 11-10-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Are you asking if you can import your Swish .swf file into vegas to add sound then render out in various formats? I'm just not sure about the audio syncing question.There was no audio on your clip. I use Swish all the time in Vegas with audio and no problems.

Hi vegasarian,

thanks for the quick post.

No, I had intended to recreate the project from scratch to utilize higher res photos, different timing (to sync with certain points in the audio), and high quality audio.

There should have been audio, it doesn't start right away though, I think we hid the actual link - sorry. Try this instead:
    www.emptyarms.ca/v3/empty_arms_v3_4.html

Cory

Absolutely no problem re-creating this in Vegas.

In fact....thinking about it....if you still have your swish file you could just set it up to 720 x 480 (I'm guessing you're in the states) and export it as .swf file straight into Vegas. Save you re-creating it.

Great thanks.

I'm not worried about recreating it as I had resized the photos to a small resolution for the swish file, so I'm going to redo it with higher resolution shots.

My biggest concerns were:
    1) Is this the right tool for this kind of job - which you definitely answered
    and,
    2) Can I get the audio to sync properly to specific points in the project - again, which you said was no problem

If you don't mind indulging me a little...what are the benefits of Vegas over tools like Liquid or Flash?

Thanks.

Cory

I haven't used Liquid but compared to Flash, Vegas is a walk in the park to use and a fraction of the price of Flash. Are you just buying Vegas to do this one project?. Vegas is capable of doing much much more than what you are going to do with it.

My main motivation was for this project, but I'm sure I'll have many other uses for it in the future. So I'd definitely rather have a better tool where I don't keep running into its limitations (like I was with Premiere Elements, and Pinnacle Studio).

Thanks again.

Free trial download here...........
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=698