Thread: Convert .RAM streams and Utube/Google video to avi

Default Convert .RAM streams and Utube/Google video to avi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but how can I convert video from youtube/google video into AVI (or another windows format like WMV) for importing into Vegas 6 and editing. Also, I have a streaming ASP file for a Real Video, and I was wondering how to convert this into a proper-editable format.

Not sure about the google video format,but you can check the web shareware or videoFAQ for information you want.
    May be a video converter can solve your problem

solved the utube/google video now thanks. For the record, get a programme called Super (c) and it can "apparently" convert anything to anything - completely free.

My only problem now is turning a 1kb ASP file that launches in Media Player Classic / RealPlayer into an AVI I can use elsewhere.

Any ideas?

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Google 'wm recorder 11'.

It has never failed to capture any streams for me, even the bbc real streams. Suceeds where other stream grabbers fail, well for me anyway.

Thanks Mark - it works a treat. Although Super converter would only convert the RM file to MP4 which then needed converting to WMV by Vegas.

Also, nice demo - I much prefer them when thy don't expire after a set amount of time, and max 1 min time limit was fine for me