copyright free music

Thread: Gun Barrel Sequence

Thanks

Default Gun Barrel Sequence

It's that time in the movie calender again when I am becoming obsessed with the Bond Franchise. I have decided to try and create my own Gun Barrel Sequence which famously opens every movie.

I have a good idea how to do it, my only concerns is the blood coming down the screen. I have a JPEG of a nice looking barrel, so thats no issue.

I will try and knock up my little test when I get home (im currently at college atm) and I will try and link what I have done.

Dont expect any good results at all, as I doubt I will get them :P

Hmm this is the first time I have posted in a long time, score.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HammY View Post
    I have a good idea how to do it, my only concerns is the blood coming down the screen. I have a JPEG of a nice looking barrel, so thats no issue.

A quick unproven idea straight off the top of my head.

In Afetr Effects couldn't you just (?) Create a red solid on a layer with lowish opacity so the rest of the image shows thorugh. Then mask it off using a bezier spline and simply keyframe those bezier points to make the drips fall down. Might take a bit of playing but it should work ok.

Thanks

ah, good old alan saves the day again, I will give it ago, just did a little test of key framing the barrel with a random picture in the background which worked nicely, lol, i just have another issue now...I tried doing the circle moving across the screen in premiere, and couldnt find a circle, probably be able to do in in after effects. I think im confused, as at college I use Final Cut Pro all the time, and it's far superior to Premiere, so I guess I need to have another mess around.

Cheers for the help

Thanks

Sounds a good method and make sure you post the results (maybe even the gun barrel jpeg if you're feeling generous so others can have a play around with the 007 effect too :P)

Thanks

sorted, I have the circle moving (just need to add some trailing circles behind them tracking one), also I have the gun barrel moving with the person in it (proved to be a bit tricky, but im happy with it...for now) all I need do is animate the barrel moving in irratic directions to simulate the assasin dying, and add blood, and then that my friends...is that!

Thanks

I may be on to something
    Either A; A transparent 720X480 Photoshop later customly added in (get like 60 images over 2 seconds each one editied a little bit to creep down in quick succession)
    B; A photoshop animation of Alpha to red same method as previously mentioned, or b alpha to fade to red

not sure yet.

Thanks

thank yopu very much
    Quote Originally Posted by HammY View Post
    It's that time in the movie calender again when I am becoming obsessed with the Bond Franchise. I have decided to try and create my own Gun Barrel Sequence which famously opens every movie.

I will try and knock up my little test when I get home (im currently at college atm) and I will try and link what I have done.

Dont expect any good results at all, as I doubt I will get them :P

Hmm this is the first time I have posted in a long time, score.

Thanks

hi thanks thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx