Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching for Vegas Answers?

I use a HD PVR to record video games in m2ts...when ever i open an m2ts file in sony vegas and click on it, it always say"sony vegas has stopped responding"...if i use a MP4 file it runs smothly but it veiws at 1/4th size...please help

Quote Originally Posted by JerginMagergin View Post
    I use a HD PVR to record video games in m2ts...when ever i open an m2ts file in sony vegas and click on it, it always say"sony vegas has stopped responding"...if i use a MP4 file it runs smothly but it veiws at 1/4th size...please help
    I render it to m2ts also but it will format it to AVCHD Video (.m2ts) and play it as MP4 as far as I am aware, and thats the one you need to open, you don't need to open that other file at all just delete it, its only a render file with data as far as I am aware of it, if not working properly check out if your codecs are all present or download Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 8.0.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 8.0.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 8.0.0 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools this way it might be solved ...
    Last edited by KBourne; 12-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Hi guys. My name's Alex and I've been making amateurish youtube videos for a few years now, mostly slideshows and poorly filmed video game footage from my phone. I've just ordered a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 so I can take high quality footage of my games and make video s out of them. I use Windows LIVE Movie Maker to create the video and have been using WAX Invoker to create the intro but am always disappointed that damn near everyone on youtube can create much higher quality title cards. It seems that they all use Sony Vegas but I've seen that it costs almost 300, and that's for the basic version. I know nothing about Sony Vegas and was wondewring if anyone can give me a little list of thing I should know about it. 300 is a lot of money to spend just to make a nice intro.

For starters, see the comparison table
    Vegas Pro 12 Product Comparisons

You could try the basic Vegas Editor, now called Movie Studio - some common features with Pro and on YT you may not need the controls Pro offers anyway.
    MSv12 has Animated Text, but whilst I like it (over earlier versions) Rival titles may blow you away - but it's the CONTENT that matters . .. don't be fooled that folk will watch anything because the Titles are fab.

I prefer fewer titles, as it happens.... they only serve to delay the main feature...However, in cinemas this is used to settle the audience.... maybe some folks are copying the Pros for the wrong reasons?
    (All IMHO).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12