Thread: Reuse of DVD content (on same disc)

Default Reuse of DVD content (on same disc)

Hi all,

I have a DVD project with hundreds and hundreds of images. I want to present them in a series of slideshows - however many of the images appear in multiple shows. Is there anyway I can reduce the size of the project by reusing the same files in multiple shows? (that way I can fit on more images)

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

No, because the individual images aren't on the DVD. Your DVD authoring program has instead converted them to a continuous video file in order to preserve the transitions, add in the audio, set the timing and provide fast forward and reverse scanning.

If you're willing to give up transitions and fast scanning there is a way with DVD-Lab to produce slideshows with the individual frames. A limitation is no single frame can be on-screen more than 255 seconds. I've only read about this, never used it.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70