Thread: Free Menus/Buttons?

Default Free Menus/Buttons?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a free archive of dvd menus and buttons that I can use in adobe encore (it come with a very limited number)...

Thanks

Warny

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

I'd do a google search for this. I have no experience with Encore, so I don't know if requires special image formats. If not, you may be able to make your own with photoshop or some other graphics editor.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

^^ to be fair any image you find on the web can be turned into a menu.. simply save it as a photoshop file and open it in encore and resize it accordingly... just do a google image search for what ever type of theme you want - something like 'abstract background' or something..

remember that many of these images are under copyright though..

The same goes for buttons really - find an image, import to encore and change the asset to a button..

Blog Entries

I agree, I found lots of icons and buttons for my web site by using google image search.

^^if you want to get some good backgrounds and youve got a fiver or two - try looking on istockphoto.com - some exelent backgrounds their - both video and stills. - all at a very good price..

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    ...I don't know if requires special image formats. If not, you may be able to make your own with photoshop ...
    Sorry Crusty but I had to chuckle inwardly at the irony in your post. You see, Encore menus ARE Photoshop PSD files. There's a just a careful naming convention of layers and layer groups to determine buttons etc.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

I suspected PS would be usable, but didn't know the specifics for Encore and decided to at least give some sort of answer since warnysouth hadn't got anything back for four days.

I finally got one of the Encore templates to look at and and, wow, they are complex.

Lots of layers doing things I don't understand. But still, it looks like one of the stock templates can be edited in PS to make a new one.
    Last edited by Crusty; 03-26-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Linked to file no longer exists.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Crusty, it's actually not that complicated at all really. Not sure what you opneed that with but in Photoshop it actuall combines thelayers sets into a tree like view.

Basically, a layer set with a name prefixed with (+) is a single menu button. Within that layer set alllayers are simply drawn unless their names are prefixed with (=1) or (=2) in which case they are the button selected highlight and button pressed highlight. Everything else is just drawn as is.