Thread: Premier VS Vegas

Default Premier VS Vegas

I downloaded Vegas to have a play with the demo, And i realy liked the user firendlyness of it. So i was wondering does premier do any thing vegas can't? Other wise I wont buy the upgrade I will buy vegas.
    Thanks in advance
    Luke

Though I know little of Vegas(tried it, didn't get on with it) I would say that any of the pro editing software these days will allow you to do pretty much anything, with a bit of lateral thought. Most people would open Edius and be shocked by the lack of effects, but to this day I have never found anything I cannot do and lots that is much better than Premiere. Don't get me wrong I still use Ppro occasionally but as you will know it is pinickety and a little unstable (though 2.0 seems quite solid) and it doesn't have the codec support of Vegas.

The thing I would look at is the output formats, edius procoder makes adobe media encoder look ordinary but it won't encode to flash video, so I use Adobe Media Encoder for that. Does Vegas give you all the formats you need or do you have to fork out another 300 for sorenson squeeze and then another whatever for the flash plug in, and also it adds another level in to your workflow.

I would say forget what it can do, more like, does it fit with the way you work?
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production