Thread: Followers of felixstowe TV.....

Default Followers of felixstowe TV.....

Thoguth thoose followers of felistowe TV would be intreste to know that felixstowe has been in the news today as a container ship arrived.... Clip here

Thanks for the link Luke.

It was great fun actually, we (Felixstowe TV) had a line of tripods across the front of the viewing point with us, Rai Uno, ITV Anglia, BBC and then Sky News flying around in their "Skycopter". My VX2100 suddenly looked very small next all the broadcast cameras. Everyone was friendly though, with the possible exception of the Italian crew who decided to move right into our shot... but we soon sorted that.

The light faded very quickly during the filming, but with some tweaking of the aperture the pictures didn't turn out too badly (I don't think?). By this point I'd lost the feeling in most of my fingers though (having been there for 2 1/2 hours by now) so was very grateful for a solid tripod to hide my shivering. Note to self, wear a thicker coat and more layers next time!

Any comments about Felixstowe TV and our films are always welcome...

David

Just a quick question David.

I've noticed the excellent quality of both video and sound on your clips. What's the bitrate, format etc for the clips you load up to your website?

Blog Entries

Windows Media Video 9 @ a bitrate of 484 Kbps and resolution of 384 x 288 in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

What Marc said!

We decided to go with that bitrate because anything higher may have caused a problem with some of our viewers due to ISP speed.

Audio wise, I normally use a Sennheiser MKE 300 (the other guys tend to use SM58's) Sometimes the audio is normalised and mastered a bit to get it sounding right... depends on how much time I have to get the report together at the time and what it was I was filming.

A busy week coming up this week that should include an interview with Tony "Amarillo" Christie, a rugby match, more local politics and some more demolition work. The excitement that is really local TV!

David

Cheers for that guys. Keep up the good work David.