Thread: Been at Lucasfilm 8 yrs and finally made my own short film

Default Been at Lucasfilm 8 yrs and finally made my own short film

I've been inspired to make a 2 min short - all with paper bag puppets (good talent is hard to find)

I've submitted it into the 'NOW WHAT?' iFilm video contest at:
    http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2784177
    or you can find it on the contest site at www.ifilm.com/nowwhat - it's called "Safari Fever" (and to entice you to watch it, I've added a **SPICY SEX SCENE** at the end)

It's my first attempt at a short, and I've made the entire thing on my own - shooting, editing, sound and maneuvering of the puppets. Any comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by partycarrie; 11-03-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by partycarrie View Post
    I've been inspired to make a 2 min short - all with paper bag puppets (good talent is hard to find)

I've submitted it into the 'NOW WHAT?' iFilm video contest at:
    http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2784177
    or you can find it on the contest site at www.ifilm.com/nowwhat - it's called "Safari Fever" (and to entice you to watch it, I've added a **SPICY SEX SCENE** at the end)

It's my first attempt at a short, and I've made the entire thing on my own - shooting, editing, sound and maneuvering of the puppets. Any comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for watching!
    You must have been half-bagged yourself when you got the idea for this - smile!
    Cute, Original idea. But, you need more controversy, like, "paper or plastic?"

Thanks for watching - that's funny, I'd thought of adding a plastic bag element to the short - however, this film was very low budget and the only free bags I could pursuade them to give me at the liquor store were the paper ones In fact, they freaked out when I went back to the store a second time and asked for 10 more bags to make a bunch of paper monkeys. I think they only gave me them because they were scared of me at that point.

Default haha

i love how everything in the movie is made from brown bags, very creative and created a unique flavor for the lil film
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Quote Originally Posted by partycarrie View Post
    Thanks for watching - that's funny, I'd thought of adding a plastic bag element to the short - however, this film was very low budget and the only free bags I could pursuade them to give me at the liquor store were the paper ones In fact, they freaked out when I went back to the store a second time and asked for 10 more bags to make a bunch of paper monkeys. I think they only gave me them because they were scared of me at that point.
    Well, here is an idea for a sequel: "Space Bags!" Use a black plastic trash bag for the Sith Lord, "Barf Bagger" and white plastic bags for the "Scooper Troopers" and have them based on the Garbage Truck Death Star that is roaming the alley ways, seeking out the Trash Rebels lead by "Puke Sky Bag" (played by an airline's barf bag). I can see it now, trash cans slashed by light sabers, ally cats and rats running in fear, homeless drunks doing double takes and going on the wagon on the spot. The plotline is limitless. Don't know what you could use as a sex scene, unless you think of something with discarded condoms. May the Farce be with you! - smile!

Brill, loved it, mind you I am pissed. yeeeeeeee
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

Very creative. Like this alot.

Blog Entries

Great idea well executed. Ace!

So good rather picky of me to say that the vocals might have been better if dubbed on after, but they were certainly didnt spoil the film... so I suppose I should stop talikng bollox...

Loved the moneys at the end.

MORE MORE pls.