Thread: Copy/paste keyframe attributes

Default Copy/paste keyframe attributes

Premiere 6.5

I'm using the pan transform feature and need to have two keyframes with the same attributes. Is there a way to copy the attributes from one keyframe and apply them to the next keyframe? The idea is to zoom/pan into a section of a still and remain at that position for the duration of the clip.

I just can't find this answer anywhere else.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

To be honest, I've not tried cutting and pasting keyframe attributes. However, if I understand you correctly then you don't need to do it anyways (unless things worked drastically different ini 6.5).... I'll explain....

The last keyframe stays persistent to the end of the clip so whatever settings you have defined in your last keyframe on your clip will stay active right up to the end of the clip. So you basically don't need to created a duplicate keyframe for the end of the clip. I have books that actively preach not to created dusplicate keyfranes because if you later change one you have another to keep in sync.

Thanks for the comment.
    But 6.5 doesn't do that, unless I have some toggle switched the wrong way. In any case, I find that if I put a keyframe in the middle of a clip (between the two automatic first and last keyframes) it doesn't effect the last keyframe, which stays identical to the first keyframe. So, the camera zooms in from the first to middle keyframes and then zooms back out in going to the last keyframe.

My workaround is to simply copy down all the numbers for the mid keyframe and type them into the attributes of the last keyframe, but for multiple different stills that's a lot of work.

Dave

Apologies then. 6.45 clearly works different to Pro. In Pro you do NOT get those automatic start and end keyframes. In Pro the first keyframe you define is active from the start no matter where it is. Similar (but reversed) for the last.