Thread: My first video clip

Default My first video clip

This is my first video clip and I want to know what you guys think of it.There is a bit of advertising but it is not aimed at the forum users.

Bournemouth, UK

It's too slow, theres a lot of blank spaces where nothing happens, and if you are trying to get a message across don't block it by covering the speakers mouths, watch it with the volume down so you can just about hear it and you will see what I mean.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

I have tried to use the blank spaces in order to get the viewer in the right mood, helped by the music.As for the sound ,I know its not good but I just don't know what you mean.I am new at this ,I don't even know how to use the camera properly yet but I learn fast .

Bournemouth, UK

I understand you are leaving room for people to think, but the space is then followed by a slow transition on the text, making it almost twice as long.

What I meant by the audio is that when people are telling their story/message the red captions come across and block their mouths, if you think about when you watch the news, it is amazing how much you watch the mouth of the person speaking, by blocking the mouths you block some of the message that you are trying so hard to get across. If you have a rec volume on the camera it needs to come down a bit and the audio will be fine(nothing you can do about noisy cars in the background)

The camera work isn't bad, a bit shaky in places and the alignment of the faces are all to low in the frame, when taking this type of video, use whats called the "rule of thirds" to make it more pleasing to look at, this will also give you room for captions or titles.

I am not meaning to dis the video but if you read through this forum you will be able to find the information you need to improve.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thanks. You are absolutley right.
    To be honest I start to like making videos ,even thought at first I tried writing
    The only problem I have is that I have to be high on beer in order to get ideas and to put them in practice.I just hope that I ll be the next polanski before I become an alcoholic