Thread: 5 min DVD loop

Unhappy 5 min DVD loop

Hi. I am new to the site and indeed video editing to be honest! I am just after some advice please. I am looking to put a 5 minute video on DVD. I dont have a problem with this as such but I want the DVD to loop every 5 mins. I was wondering if anybody could advise me on how to do this and any necessary software I will need.

Thanks!

Default Looping DVD

I am unclear on your question... Do you want a 5min video to loop continously? Or do you want a video to play and when done wait 5 minutes before it starts to play again?

As far as the looping goes if your editing software does not allow you to loop video but has the option for motion background menus you can put your video in the menu to have it loop continuosly. (with a very small button shrank down to nothing so it is not visible.)

If you need the video to pause 5 minutes before playing again just add a blank title that lasts 5 minutes to the end of your video.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries

Normally, there is an option in DVD authoring programs which dictates what happens when a chapter or title gets to the end. In DVD Architect it's called 'End Action'. Set that to go back to the start and the vid will play over and over ad - infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    Normally, there is an option in DVD authoring programs which dictates what happens when a chapter or title gets to the end. In DVD Architect it's called 'End Action'. Set that to go back to the start and the vid will play over and over ad - infinitum.
    This is how Adobe Encore works too and is pretty standard. What s/w you using? If someone else here has it they should be able to point you at the specific setting(s) you need.

Hulloh guys. Thanks ever so much for your kind help and advise. I have since been successful in creating my DVD. I used Premiere to do it. FOr some reason the function would not work on my lap top but I tried on my desk top and it was fine. Sorry to have bothered you but I do know where to come if I stumble upon further problems.

THanks again.