Thread: Free Avid! They Are Too Nice!

1. Default Free Avid! They Are Too Nice!

not sure if this has already been posted but i thought i may as well stick it up here for people who are using movie maker and dont want pay for any editing software ---->

although this free software is not packed full of extras and will only export to .mov it looks like a masive step up for people on movie maker.. also it uses multi track a/v (only 2 mind but its better than movie maker!)

i havnt had a look at this download but from what i have read it sounds pretty good for nothing!

anybody had a go with this i would love to see how you find it

Really difficult and really useless. It can give you a chance to familiarise with the Avid standard GUI, but it's sooo limited.

3. Default

yeah its says its very limited... i posted if to those using movie maker and would like to try a multi track editing system

In some ways I'd say its worse than Movie Maker, at least Movie maker gives you the luxuary of chosing more than one export format. :/
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    Free Avid! they are too nice
    I have used it longer time ago but it is actualy a seriously crippled version of it's older brother, second "problem" is that you need a rocket science degree to operate it. Furthermore it really likes the memory of your pc, especially for such a limited program it keeps your pc busy. Also the step up to it's older xpress pro brother is a quite expensive one, there is really nothing inbetween that you could consider a normal step for, let's say, movie maker clients. Then it's better just to spend a bit of money on Premier elements, magix videodeluxe and other NLE's in that price class, they offer a lot more then this free avid thing.

The free avid software did really not convince me

6. Default

tried it and copuldnt get the windows to stay in place, they seemed to snap back to the most stupid positions.
    I'll go back to pp2

I tried it out of curiosity a while back.

Having been a Premiere user since version 5.1, I quickly realised that Avid was a learning curve that I didn't want or need to climb.

Bert's a simpleton, and sticks with what he knows...