Thread: New 3 Sitty: A one man show

Default New 3 Sitty: A one man show

Alright, this is a video that I made for a highschool video class. It's the first marking period assignment so I'm still experimenting with editing and effects and junk.

There were no guidelines to the assignment so there is no real plot or anything. My original vision was to portray some sort of video game addiction but time constraints limited the movie to simply showing the excitement of a new xbox 360 combined with the nostalgia of Halo mixed in.

I don't like working with other people on creative projects so this movie was done entirely by myself, including 'acting'. Critique away.

The songs:
    Requiem for a dream
    Answers by vigilante
    Bond music

Oh, and the video:

good use of music for some of it, and nice idea

That's great, thanks for your opinion. Do you have anything to say that would help me in any way? What is "some of it"? The beginning, the middle? At exactly 1:30.75?
    If you're going to make the effort to post, make it worthwhile.
    Critique my video how I just critiqued your post.
    It's been a long day, plus an hour.

Overall it was good, but you did ask.

The glow and inverse effects at the start were a bit lame and maybe expand on the story, start with you excitedly reading an article about 360 and then cut to the PC and only show a quick clip of you sitting there and then cut to typing in the search.

Instead of the long clip of the box on the doorstep break it up with an extreme close up of the box, show your hand grabbing and cut to the long shot of you picking it up. You used close ups to good affect else where, but left this long and with the music trying to create drama it didn't work for me.

Nice close ups on the connection. but maybe something could be done with the "re-establishing connection" scene as it was almost unreadable, maybe fake it.

The end was also lame, download an explosion sound fx and finish with a bang.

Of course I could be wrong
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Ah! A real critique! I loved all of your points, they make perfect sense and I wish I still had time left in the marking period so I could implement them. The 'doorstep' tip is my favorite. Although I can't see it in film, it looks great in my head. I still don't have a set style for shots yet, so don't be surprised if you see those ideas of yours come to good use. Haha, yeah I agree, the blue sceen with the "restablishing connection" was not needed (or planned). I just needed the five extra seconds to make the 2:15 requirement. Thanks for taking the time to constructively critisize!

I thought the "re-establishing Connection" worked ok, but it was just unreadable. It may just have been the compression.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production