Thread: Issues with Black sorrounding around the movie & with still pictures focused

Default Issues with Black sorrounding around the movie & with still pictures focused

Hi all,

I am fresher to the video editing world, so kindly bear with me if my question is too idiotic.

Few facts:

1. I am using a Panasonic camcorder, bought in US
    2. Adobe Premiere pro 1.5
    3. Win XP home with 512 MB ram
    4. I am trying to copy the video in to pro by selecting 48HZ PAL ( It needs to be PAL, as I am going to view the video in a PAL tv)

I was succusfully captured the movie in to Pro. In preview window, the video appears to be perfect without any issues. But when I include the same in to the timeline, there is a black sorrounding ( a thick black border) appears around the video. I completed the video and rendered. The final output also appreas to have the boarder. Can anyone suggest me how to remove this one? Does this anyway linked with the NTPC camera to a PAL Video conversion?

My second problem is to do with the still pictures. I have included the still pictures taken from my Canon G3 camera. In the preview window, it is appearing good but when I include the picture in to the timeline, it is getting focused (ie, the images are getting enlarged and part of the picture is getting truncated because of this focus effect).

Appreciate any help from you gurus.

Thanks,
    Hari.

It sounds to me like you are simply placing a video of one size into a timeline of a project of larger dimensions. Premiere Pro is simply putting the video int hemiddle leaving a dark border around the edge.

PAL has greater resolution that NTSC and I suspect this is your issue. You can zoom the footage to fill the entire screen but will lose a tiny bit of quality.

The stills you are adding have a much larger res than your video so as Alan says premiere is just adding them at the project res but the opposite is happening. Simple fix is to use the scale properties for each clip.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production