Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Fade In, Fade out option?

1. Default Where's the Fade In, Fade out option?

Where's the Fade In, Fade out option in Adobe Premiere 6.5?

I'm not sure that it has a standard fade in/out option. I always use the opacity rubber bands to execute fades.

tonga

what you need to do is go to New:Balck Video. Put it in the timeline, and have your clip fade into the black video,and then have your next clip fade in from it. Making your black video really really small and the fade on the actualy clips longer will make it look like a fade in fade out... i know it sounds like alot of work... but when you start gettting super advanced with stuff (not bragging, im far from it) i guess i could see ways you could be more creative.... peace out.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

4. Default

marc?

Blog Entries

Tonga and Gwenny are spot on - nothing really to add. I'm a COMPLETE novice/amatuer so I use the trusty cross dissolve transition - (Window > Show transitions to bring the transition window to focus), to fade to black.

Well, you learn soemthing new everyday eh? There's a 'New | Black video' option????

Not noticed that.

I've been importing a 'standard' black still (JPG) and using that to do my fading.

7. Default

What i mean to ask is what is the transition effect that would made one scene fade into another, im super noob when it comes to adobe premiere

You want the cross dissolve transition.

what you need to do is go to New:Balck Video. Put it in the timeline, and have your clip fade into the black video,and then have your next clip fade in from it.
    You can actually miss out the black video stage, just fade using the opacity handles, as long as there is no footage underneath the clip you are fading. I use the opacity handles to achieve most of my fade effects/cross dissolves as you then have far greater control over the effect, as well as being able to dissolve between clips in different tracks. If you want to just fade a clip out you needn't add black video as premier will render any gap in the timeline as black.

Tonga

Good advice there, as ever, from tongachutt.

I would add though, that as a noobie, do spend a couple of hours just familiarising yourself with the transition set available. It'll be time well spent.

Blog Entries

Infact that advice is the best advice ypu could possibly give. Just play around with all the settings and in a few hours you would have learnt more than reading a user guide for the same amount of time.

People always ask me at work how to do something, and 9 times out of ten I haven't got a clue how to do it. But I just learn as I go and "pretend" I know what I'm doing... more often than not I'll walk away having fixed the problem.

Apply what you know to find a solution to a new problem. A good axim for any line of work!!! Above all, don't be afraid to experiment as most things can be "undone".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast