Thread: Trouble capturing video with Ulead Mediastudio Pro 7

Kobe, Japan

Default Trouble capturing video with Ulead Mediastudio Pro 7

I have downloaded the Ulead MS Pro 7 trial and I have had an excellent time playing around with video clips already on my pc. My problem is this:

When I try to capture video from my DV camera (Victor GR-DV3500) I get a message saying

" Video Capture is unable to access the capture device. Make sure the capture driver has been installed and is not being used by another program."

I have read through this forum and tried increasing the pre roll time but this had no effect. I also tried uninstalling the capture software that came with the camera but I still got the same message.

I CAN capture video from my camera with the software that came with it, so I assume this means the capture driver has been correctly installed. If I could open the files I captured with my camera's software in the VideoEditor I would have no problem really, but I can't do this either. I get an "Unable to open" message.

Here are my system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU
    2.53 GHz
    512 MB RAM

GV-BCTV Series WDM Capture.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Blog Entries

I've a feeling you're not using the DV connection. Hook it up via Firewire.

East Kilbride, Scotland

Marc is quite right here. If you want to capture 'quality' footage then Firewire is the way to go. Ulead do provide a USB capture method via a downloadable patch (which cannot be applied to the trial version). In any event I have tried capturing via this USB method and the quality is truly awful.

If you are already hooked up via firewire then post back and I will talk you through how to check your set-up.

Kobe, Japan

You are right - I'm not using Firewire because I don't have it. I was trying to use my DV USB cable. So I'll have to get a Firewire card if I want to use Mediastudio then....?

5. Default

Definately. I got my firewire and card for it on ebay for five bucks. Works fine.