Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demolitionfilms

Default Demolitionfilms

Another user posted a real cool site where you can add special effects to your videos, like blood effects and explosions etc. I really have no idea how to add these effects to my film in vegas 6. Can anyone help me out here at all. I would be very grateful if you could. I have tried figuring it out but Im not getting anywhere.

Just add a new video track above the one you want your explosion to appear on. Put your downloaded explosion on the new video track and add Chroma Key Effect to remove the black background on your downloaded explosion.

........and another thing lol. Best piece of advice I ever got on this site was to download and print the Sony Vegas Manual.........http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=583
    On page 242 It will tell you how to add FX Plug-ins

Thanks for the reply. I will try what you suggested, and thanks for the other link, much appreciated. On the site there is some cool blood effects and an exploding head. The zip files seem to take a very long time to download.
    Last edited by TWIY; 10-25-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Ok i need some help it doesnt seem to be working.

I have dragged in the explosion effect onto the top of the timeline. I have put my video on the 3rd timeline below, as yo cant seem to put it directly underneath the explosion. I will play the video and as soon as it comes to the explosion, my video will shut off and change to the explosion. Can you help me?

Yea I had a look.You might also like to have a look at Particle Illusion...http://www.wondertouch.com/index.asp......
    You seem to be getting on well with Vegas. Still on the trial?.I really cant recommend printing up the manual enough. Its got illustrations for icons and things which are much easier to understand than ppl on here trying to describe what the icons look like. Keep going. Its worth it!!

Yer im still using the trial version, its a really good program. Im still having trouble with adding the explosion. Can you give me a detailed instruction if thats ok .

You need to 'key' the explosion. On your explosion event click on the Event FX button on the right hand edge. (looks like a square with 2 circles either side). This opens the plug-in chooser. Select Sony Chroma Keyer>add>OK. This opens another window where you need to select black as the colour you're going to key out. You can use the eye dropper to pick the black off your preview window. with your cursor over the explosion on the timeline you now 'tweak' the sliders...Low Threshold.....High Threshold...Blur amount until you get a clean key. every key is different so your just gonna have to play around with your particular graphic till it looks best. Go for it!!

Thanks for the explanation. I seem to be doing it ok, I just cant get the border around the explosion off. Its hard. And I didnt really understand

"to select black as the colour you're going to key out. You can use the eye dropper to pick the black off your preview window. with your cursor over the explosion on the timeline you now 'tweak' the sliders...Low Threshold.....High Threshold...Blur amount until you get a clean key"

Im new to this kinda stuff sorry.

Ok i think I figured out what might be wrong. Im using an explosion video that hasnt got a black background, its just an explosion in the sky. I think this may be the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast