Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: key matting

Default key matting

Okey, here is the deal: Premiere 7.0 has again changed the way of using key mattes. Or at least of what i can see because I cant get it to work.
    Lets take this simple task: Making a videoclip only be visable in a title.
    What I usually would do was press transparancy, then click the trackmatte tool, apply it to my videoclip and I'd be off. But this doesn't work anymore.
    How do I do this simple task in premiere 7.0 ?

Lets take this simple task: Making a videoclip only be visable in a title.
    I'm a little unclear as to your meaning here, expand and I'll try and help.

tonga

sry about that. I was in a bit of a hurry..
    Anyway...second try:
    take this as an example: I created a title (normal text) and put it in track 2. In track one I have a normal video clip.
    What I want to do is to make the clip in track 1 ONLY visable INSIDE the title on track 2. (instead of fill on the text I want the videoclip showing).

Or this is what I REALLY want to do, but I figured that I could do it if I just knew how to do the example above:
    I want the lips of a single-framed-picture to move. To do this I plan to use the lasso tool around the lips on the picture. Then feather it and import it to premiere. In premiere I'll add a video clip of me talking (my head is still). I will then make that clip of me talking fit exactly in with the lips of the picture and the area I lasso'd in photoshop. Then make the clip with my lips talking ONLY appear in that lasso'd bit. Then it will look like that the picture is talking ...

Any understanding now ???

Ok, so what you really want to do is within photo shop make the hole where the lips are transparent which is a simple enough process using the extract tool (PS 7), just draw around the lips, feather then click the area you want transparent- export this as a TGA with colour+alpha.

Import this footage into premier, whack it in track 2 and premier pro will "see" the transparent area - no need for you to do anything. Drop your moving lips clip into track one, position it if necessary, render, bingo!

Hope that helps

tonga

Default Moving Lips effect

I read your explanation, but could you explain it more into details, because i could not do it. I did the following:

On video 1 I put the picture whose lips I want to move
    On video 2 ----- the video of a person whose lips I want to use
    On video 3 ------ the matte of the lips part prepared on Photoshop

how should i make the matte take only the lips from video 2 and everything else from video 1 (the pic)

Assuming you have video 1 as the bottom layer then you have the layers in the wrong order.

The video of the lips should be on layer 1 (bottom)
    Then the picture with a transparent area where the mouth should be goes above it on layer 2

Then the video needs to be positioned so that the mouth shows through the transparent part of the picture.

No need for any masks using this method.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

ok, i got the idea, but now i have a technical problem. i am not much familiar with photoshop and i cannot cut the part from the pic to make it transperant so that the video beneath could be seen. any suggestions? thanx

I just posted this in another thread.

Track Mtte

This method will create the hole in the video for you. To merge the the 2 tracks together smoothly add a fast blur or gaussian blur to the title layer.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Default Hmmmmm

ok, it was an easy one, but unfortunately it is not working. It still get a black spot instead of part of the other video. I am using Premiere Pro 1.5. May that be the problem? any other ideas?

Yes that is different, in 1.5 you have to make the layer with the track matte key on it invisible by clicking the eye for that layer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast