I just picked up an AMD unfortunately.
AMD 64 x2 5000+
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
DVD Burner with Lightscribe
I bought it from Best Buy for $999.00 Canadian + Tax which worked out to $1140 Canadian. I can return it within 2 weeks I believe and I will if I can find a Core 2 Duo at or around the same range give or take.
Someone told me that I could find a system that was a core 2 duo e6700 at around the same price, and it would KILL my AMD system in video editing. Is this true? I will be using it to capture and edit my high definition home movies that I shot with my Sony HDR-HC3 camcorder which uses MiniDV.
If it is, I am completely new to building a system and would love it if someone could help me build one online since I have not much knowlege when it comes to PC technical details! I found a link where you can build one yourself with the various options they give you.
I also wrote a list out below to show you some of the preferences that I would like, as well as the things that I don't know about and need help with as I have never built a computer before.
I would like to have a computer that will far outperform the AMD x2 5000+ I got today, and hopefully do great video editing in HD if I shy away from the Apple. Really hoping to keep to budget now.
The link to the site can be found HERE and the list of my preferences are below.
P.S. If anyone knows of a cheaper site or a reputable dealer with options you can hopefully help me pick out I would be extremely greatful!!!
- Case: Not Sure Which One to Choose
- CPU: Core 2 Duo E6700
- HSF: ???
- Motherboard: Would like one that I can change video card when the DirectX10 comes out, as well as add memory. Not sure which one to choose.
- RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Or whatever is recommended for high definition video editing...and hopefully I'd like to add more in the future)
- Hard Drive: 2 Drives as recommended for video editing. Not sure which ones are good nor do I know what 2 sizes you recommend.
- Floppy: Cheapest or none
- Video Card: Good GeForce card (or whatever you recommend) that will work good for HD video editing until DirectX10 comes out and I buy a new one.
- Modem: None
- Rom Drive: Don't think I need one?
- [b]Sound Card:[b] On Board is Fine
- Network Card: Whatever is recommended. Don't need wireless or bluetooth.
- Keyboard: Standard
- Monitor: None
- OS: WinXP ((Not sure if I have to buy it with CPU tho))
- Speakers: None
- Mouse: None
- CD-RW: Would like a DVD-RW with light scribe which will write to CDs too. Something good for the average guy.
- Printer: None
- Power Supply: None if one comes with case you recommend.
- Cooling: Whatever you recommend
- Accessories: None
- TV Turners: None
Thank you so much!!