Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make Website Videos (broadband and 56k)?

Default How to make Website Videos (broadband and 56k)?

Using Adobe Premier Pro, what to do to make the smallest but still good quality for website videos.

Default Skateboarding

Hi, I really want to know how to export videos for a website, smallest file but also best quality you can get, what player to use?

I been testing it out but its either too jumpy or too big file, I tried mostly with Quicktime because I think most people have it and from seeing other websites that use it it seemed pretty fast and easy to use but tell me if im wrong, thats exactly what I want for my extreme sports site, fast and easy, so i was wondering if anyone better than me on this could tell me how to make the best out of what I got, Thanks

Maybe create the video then import to flash?

Sorry but I meant just using Adobe Premier Pro, I only have Adobe Premier Pro 6.0, Adobe After Effects 6.5, and Adobe Premier Elements, Im sure you can make it, and I have actually made them I was just wondering whether anyone could tell me how to make them better quality for a smaler file, (basicly for quicker custumer view), thanks by the way

Gonz

Personally, I think anyone who is downloading your movie on a 56K modem deserves whatever happens to them. I tend to assume that everyone interested has at least a 1Mb line.

basically, what I do is go through the preset in Premiere Pro and pick another one if I'm not happy with the results.

Also, if depend on what your movie is. i.e.. if it's a short movie I'm less likely to compromise and people can expect a larger dopwnload. If it's a ten second clip of me falling on my arse then expeect less quality and a very quick download. That sort of thing.

Also, consider comporomising on frames per second as well for web use. It can bring the size down and you get a good clean picture.

Blog Entries

In my limited expirience of tesitng these things out I have found real video, .rm, gives the best quality at very low bit rates.

But as alan says, 56k is hopeless for video really. A small frame size and low frame rate is essential, and even then it is rubbish.

As mark says real media is best for very small bitrate video but it isn't universal and with all the crap they try and force on you when it is downloaded I think you could upset some of your viewers.

Windows media is good, free and universal even on macs but adobe media encoder is not the best for encoding, download the free windows media encoder from Microsoft and use that.

Anything smaller than 320x240 at 256k really is a chore, for modem users instruct them to download instead of stream.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Blog Entries

Too right about .rm , awfull software. I agree wmv is the way to go, v good quality and very portable.

I use Sorenson Squeeze. It gives you the option to export in many formats: Quicktime, WMV, Real Player, Flash, MPEG, etc..and allows you to set export settings as high or low as you need to go.

Thanks everyone its been really helpfull i will give it a go soon, thanks

Gonz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast