Thread: video out signal in prem pro

Default video out signal in prem pro

Hi, first post so please be gentle. I need to see my finished edit on a tv to check for any colour issues etc before I burn to DVD. I did this on my old system using a Matrox RTX100 and a breakout box. Unfortunately I have chosen a AMD system to replace the old one and my RTX100 card is incompatable. I cannot afford a Matrox RT.x2 card at the mo and am looking for a cheap way to send my video out to a TV.

Any help greatly appreciated

Dave

you can use your camcorder if it has DV-in, or you could buy an anologue to digital converter like the Canopus ADVC110 or ACEDVio which will give realtime timeline output to monitor or TV.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

or if you have a dual-head graphics card installed you well find you can just connect a TV as a second monitor and send the video overlay straight to it.

That's what I do. Or I did until it stopped working a few months ago.

Thanks for the replies, think the graphic card route seems the easiest, is the video out configurable within premiere (am using 1.5 with hd patch)? Also can anyone recommend a graphic card that will do what I require, (would like to view HD output as well as SD)

HI, just attached my new 19" lcd to my graphics card via a DVI cable and set up dula monitors in the display properties but I cannot spread premiere over the 2 screens, small things like the toolbar and the audio mixer will move across but nothing else. Can anyone help??

Dave

premiere is probably maximised on your screen, meaning that you can only drag individual tools across. Click on the restore down button and then you can drag the edges of the window across to the new screen.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Cheers Miwhel, sorted, in order to get full screen playback I have moved the project window from my pc monitor to my LCD, made it single view on the right hand side window and then made it fit my lcd. I now want to replace that with another project window but it doesnt allow me to do that. Any ideas??

Dave

You can gang windows together by clicking and dragging on the name tag at he top and dropping up by the name tag of the window you want, then you just click on the name tag of the 1 you need to see.

To get your output to a second monitor as preview monitor (fullscreen without a window) go in to "project/project settings" and then choose "playback settings" click on the drop down menu in the top box and see if premiere offers your second monitor from the list.