Thread: MAGIX Movie Edit Pro - DVD Burning Probs

Default MAGIX Movie Edit Pro - DVD Burning Probs

Hi

After finally getting my pc sorted and footage captured I have now edited my first movie using MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2005. I thought all was going well until I came to burn a DVD. After clicking "Burn DVD" in the CD/VIDEO Editor section and arranging all settings etc the following message comes up when I click on the burn icon:

"Processing of media and menus failed".

Now I have tried various things to sort this and nothing seems to work, but then I'm not really sure what I am doing yet anyway!

The tutorial and help on burning DVD's does not really cover troubleshooting and problems!

Help!!!!!

By the way I also have a large memory still available, >100GB and I don't have any other progs running, except virus stuff etc.

Is the video playing back alright on the timeline? Did you capture it using Firewire and in .avi format? I haven't used the software you mention so I'm just guessing here but maybe you need to render the entire project first, do you see a long red line running along the top of the timeline? When you go to export, do you use MPEG2 settings or what choices have you got? It might be a good idea to switch off the virus checker aswell but that should only affect you when you are capturing from the camera and not burning. When was the last time you defragmented your hard disc? And are you using an internal or external drive?

Hi

I'm using an internal drive and have no probs burning backup discs. I have not rendered the movie and it plays ok when I am editing it. I think this package renders automatically when you click on burn?? but not sure.

Someone has told me that other burning packages like Mero can affect this MAGIX programme? Howveer, while I have Nero on my pc it is not running when I try to burn.

ALl movie captured via firewire and in avi format. Does it need to be in MPEG to burn as a dvd???

Sorted!!

There was a patch on the Magix website to sort the problem. The software did not recognise my Athlon AMD 64 chip but the patch has rectified that. However, the patch was well hidden on their website - only found out thru customer support.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMing View Post
    Sorted!!

There was a patch on the Magix website to sort the problem. The software did not recognise my Athlon AMD 64 chip but the patch has rectified that. However, the patch was well hidden on their website - only found out thru customer support.
    Well done... makes you wonder why the patch is hidden away like that.