Thread: Adobe Premiere 6.5 JPEG & ASF help!!!

Default Adobe Premiere 6.5 JPEG & ASF help!!!

I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 and for some reason it isn't supporting JPEG files or ASF files so when i try to import them, it won't let me. Please help thank you and make sure you check out these mini clips : -

It was a common problem using 6.5 Info below from:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbb6d59/6

“Using some image file formats within Premiere is actually a Windows system level problem, and Windows loses track of the internally decompressed version of the image -- the problem will change depending on the size of your images, the status of your swap files, how recently your system has been rebooted, et cetera. Best to avoid jpegs, compressed tiffs, psd files, and any other compressed image file.”

So if you can batch convert your jpegs to uncompressed tiffs or bitmaps, this will solve your problem. Are you able to do this?

3. Default

Let me add that in 6.5 it is VERY advantagous to bring the photos in exactly the size they are used in, which in the U.S, is 720 x 480. I have also found that if the photo (especially jpegs) has too low a black level it will tend to disappear. (too much contrast)

Note: In 6.5 bringiing in a higher resolution photo will NOT result in a better looking picture. Stick with the size of the video frame exactly!

Default hmmm

Yea i am able to turn them into BMP using an image converter but the main problem is due to the camcorder i have. it only saves them to .ASF so the problem is that if i can convert the ASF properly then that if i can find an asf to mpeg converter but then i dont want quality decreasing and sometimes the sound goes out of place. y can u not have asf as a recognized format anyway because AVI is converted but it work :(