Thread: a question I should know the answer to...

Default a question I should know the answer to...

hi..

Im using production studio and im having trouble with the audio side of things..

Ive got a finished sequence with about 5 audio tracks.. what I want to do is tweak this audio in audition and then have these changes take effect in premire.. im sure ive seen people somehow exporting/copying a entire sequence from premire to audition with all the audio tracks still intact, and the finished video playing in another window..

how is this done, my minds gone blank...

cheers..

I'm afraid I've spent next to no time investigating the best workflow type aspects of Production Studio using 'Dynamic Link' and it is not the best documented area of the toolset is it?

Is it not a simple case of cut and paste or some sort fo right click and 'open in'. Either way, when you find the answer please do post back with it so others can learn from it - especially me.

^^ I thought it would be as simple as 'open in'/copy/paste - but this only copys one audio clip and not the whole layed sequence...

Im just reading a rather long dynaymic link tutorual so I should know in abit....

"dynamic link" is aimed at after effects, in Premiere you choose dynamic link from the file menu and you can then choose to import an after effects project and the changes you make in AE will auto update on the Ppro timeline.

To edit audio in audition right click on the audio clip and choose edit with audition, it is best to do this at the beginning of the ppro project, or export just the audio and edit that in audition and when the file is saved in audition the file auto updates your changes to the file in ppro.

Just to add, all of the production apps have got the "edit in" options hidden away in their menus and I personally find these very useful.
    Last edited by miwhel; 10-21-2006 at 07:51 AM.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Quote Originally Posted by miwhel View Post
    "dynamic link" is aimed at after effects, in Premiere you choose dynamic link from the file menu and you can then choose to import an after effects project and the changes you make in AE will auto update on the Ppro timeline.

To edit audio in audition right click on the audio clip and choose edit with audition, it is best to do this at the beginning of the ppro project, or export just the audio and edit that in audition and when the file is saved in audition the file auto updates your changes to the file in ppro.

Just to add, all of the production apps have got the "edit in" options hidden away in their menus and I personally find these very useful.

- not really with you mate - right clicking + 'edit in audition' only copys a single clip - and surly expoting audio will expot all the audio tracks as one track and not keep the layers intact...
    - I'm still not seeing (what is easy in final cut) how to have all the layers intact and tweak the audio in audition and these changes being applyed to the origanal project..